Panasonic Lumix S PRO 50mm f/1.4 Lens
Email me when stock arrives
Combining impressive speed and optics, the Panasonic Lumix S PRO 50mm f/1.4 is a sophisticated normal-length prime for L-mount mirrorless cameras. Characterised by its fast f/1.4 maximum aperture, this lens excels in low-light conditions and also affords improved control over depth of field for isolating subject matter. The optical design incorporates a pair of aspherical elements and three extra-low dispersion elements, which reduce both spherical and chromatic aberrations for high sharpness and clarity throughout the aperture range. Complementing the optics is a unique double focus system, which utilises both a linear motor and a stepping motor, to provide especially fast and precise focusing performance. Additionally, a rounded 11-blade diaphragm helps to achieve smooth, pleasing bokeh and the lens also sports a weather-sealed design for working in harsh conditions.
- Prime normal-length lens is designed for full-frame L-mount mirrorless cameras, however it can also be used with APS-C models where it will provide a 75mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.4 maximum aperture is well-suited for working in low-light conditions and also provides greater control over the focus position when using shallow depth of field techniques.
- Two aspherical elements help to minimise distortions and spherical aberrations throughout the zoom range in order to maintain edge-to-edge sharpness and illumination.
- Three extra-low dispersion elements greatly reduce chromatic aberrations and colour fringing in order to produce a high degree of clarity and colour accuracy.
- A double focus system employs both a linear motor and a stepping motor to deliver impressively fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance.
- Manual focus clutch allows you to simply push or pull the focusing range to quickly switch between AF and MF focusing modes.
- Splash, dust, and freezeproof design benefits working in inclement weather conditions down to -14°F.
- Rounded 11-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
|Camera Mount Type||Leica L|
|Format Compatibility||35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor|
|Angle of View||47°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||44 cm|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:6.666|
|Optical Design||13 Elements in 11 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||11, Rounded|
|Filter Thread||Front: 77 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||90 x 130 mm|