Nikon COOLPIX W300 Digital Camera (Yellow)
Email me when stock arrives
Characterised by its tough exterior, the yellow Nikon COOLPIX W300 is a sleek point-and-shoot featuring a reinforced physical design, along with apt multimedia imaging capabilities. Designed for adventures, and even everyday mishaps, the camera is waterproof-rated for depths up to 100' as well as shockproof for falls from up to 7.9' high and freezeproof for temperatures down to 14°F. In regard to imaging, a high-resolution 16MP BSI CMOS sensor benefits both stills shooting as well as video recording, with the ability to shoot continuously up to 7 fps, record video at UHD 4K/30p, and produce low noise imagery with a sensitivity range of ISO 100-6400. A 5x optical zoom lens spans wide-angle to telephoto focal lengths, and Vibration Reduction helps to minimise the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld imagery. Additionally, the W300 also incorporates SnapBridge wireless connectivity, which uses Bluetooth and Wi-Fi for seamlessly sharing imagery and remotely controlling the camera from a linked device. Built-in GPS is also available for geotagging your imagery in-camera.
The W300 is designed to withstand a wide variety of conditions, ranging from harsh climates to everyday mishaps:
- Waterproof-rated to IPX8 for use underwater to depths of 100' / 30m (JIS Class 8)
- Freezeproof to temperatures as low as 14°F / -10°C
- Shockproof-rated to MIL-STD 810F Method 516.5-Shock for falls from 7.9' / 2.4m high
- Dustproof to protect the internal components of the camera
16MP BSI CMOS Sensor
Featuring a 16MP 1/2.3" BSI CMOS sensor, the W300 is capable of recording high-resolution stills and UHD 4K/30p video with low noise and high clarity. The sensor also affords a sensitivity range of ISO 100-6400, for working in a variety of lighting conditions, and a continuous shooting rate of 7 fps to suit photographing moving subjects.
NIKKOR 5x Optical Zoom Lens and Vibration Reduction
Spanning wide-angle to telephoto focal lengths, the 5x optical zoom lens covers a 24-120mm equivalent range to suit photographing a wide array of subject types. Benefitting the lens's reach, optical VR (Vibration Reduction) helps to minimise the appearance of camera shake when shooting handheld, and Electronic VR is available to help steady movie footage while moving.
SnapBridge Wi-Fi/Bluetooth and GPS
SnapBridge wireless connectivity uses Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to permit wireless sharing of images to a linked mobile device, as well as the ability to remotely control the camera from your smartphone or tablet. Built-in GPS also lets you geotag your imagery while shooting, and the camera also features an eCompass, altimeter, depth gauge, and barometer to record the environmental data of your shoot.
Beyond the tough construction of the body, it also sports an ergonomic design and large right-hand grip for easy one-handed shooting or for use while wearing gloves. The rear 3.0" 921k-dot LCD monitor has an anti-glare coating for easier viewing in bright conditions, and a dedicated Tool button on the camera body gives you easy access to GPS, eCompass, and other location functions. Additionally, if wearing heavy gloves, camera modes can be changed simply by moving the camera.
Other Camera Features
- Built-in LED light can be used to illuminate close-up subjects or can be used as a flashlight in the dark.
- Creative Mode and Special Effects let you creatively adjust the look of your image in-camera, including the ability to mimic a fisheye lens, miniaturise the scene, or affect the dynamic range or saturation.
- Smart Portrait Mode and Glamour Retouch can be used to optimise your portraits using seven enhancement effects, along with 12 retouch functions, such as teeth whitening and skin softening, to produce the perfect portrait.
- The EN-EL12 rechargeable lithium-ion battery is rated for approximately 280 shots per charge, and can be quickly recharged in just 2 hours 20 minutes.
- Language support: Arabic, Bulgarian, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese (European and Brazilian), Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian.
|Pixels||Actual: 16.76 Megapixel
Effective: 16 Megapixel
|File Formats||Still Images: JPEG
Movies: MP4, MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
|Max Resolution||4608 x 3456|
|Image Stabilisation||Optical & Digital|
|Lens||NIKKOR, 12 elements in 10 groups
EFL: 4.3-21.5mm (35 mm equivalent: 24-120mm)
Aperture: f/2.8 (W) - 4.9 (T)
|Focus Range||Normal: 1.64' (50 cm) - Infinity
Macro: 0.39" (1 cm) - Infinity
|Shutter||1 - 1/4000 Second
25 - 0 Second in Night Scene Mode
|Exposure Metering||Centre-weighted, Matrix, Spot|
|Exposure Modes||Modes: Auto, Movie, Programmed Auto, Scene Auto Selector, Scene Modes
Compensation: -2 EV to +2 EV (in 1/3 EV Steps)
|Shooting Modes||Back Light
|White Balance Modes||Auto, Cloudy, Daylight, Flash, Fluorescent, Incandescent, Preset Manual|
|Continuous Shooting||Up to 7 fps at 16 MP for up to 5 frames|
|Self-Timer||10 Sec, 5 Sec, 2 Sec|
|Maximum Effective Flash Range||Wide: 1.64 - 17.06' (0.5 - 5.2 m)
Telephoto: 1.64 - 14.76' (0.5 - 4.5 m)
|External Flash Connection||Proprietary|
|Memory Card Type||SD
|Video Recording||Yes, NTSC/PAL|
|Resolution||3840 x 2160p: 30 fps, 25 fps
1920 x 1080p: 60 fps, 50 fps, 30 fps, 25 fps
1280 x 720p: 30 fps, 25 fps
640 x 480p: 30 fps, 25 fps
|Audio Recording||Built-In Mic: With Video (Stereo)|
|Screen||3.0" LCD Rear Screen (921,000 pixels)|
|Connectivity||HDMI D (Micro), Micro-USB, USB 2.0|
14 to 104°F (-10 to 40°C)
Humidity: 0 - 85%
|Waterproofing||98.4' (30.0 m)|
|Battery||1 x EN-EL12 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack, 3.7 VDC, 1050 mAh|
|AC Power Adapter||EH-62F (Optional)|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||4.4 x 2.6 x 1.1" / 111.5 x 66.0 x 29.0 mm|
|Weight||8.15 oz / 231 g with battery and memory card|