(no ratings yet) Thanks for your rating!
Canon EF 100mm f2.8L IS USM Macro LensProduct #1219 | SKU EF10028LIS |(no ratings yet) Thanks for your rating!
- EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/32
- One Ultra-Low Dispersion Element
- Super Spectra Coating
- 1:1 Magnification, 30 cm Min. Focus
Primarily designed for close-up shooting, the EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM from Canon is a versatile L-series short telephoto prime that is also well-suited for portraiture and other mid-range subjects. As a macro lens, however, this 100 mm offers a life-size, 1:1 maximum magnification and an 30 cm minimum focusing distance.
Complementing close-up shooting, an Image Stabiliser is featured that minimises camera shake by two stops at full 1:1 magnification, or up to four stops at lower magnifications for sharper handheld shooting. Also contributing to smooth and intuitive handling, a ring-type USM and internal focusing design offers quick, quiet, and accurate autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override.
In regard to its optical assets, one ultra-low dispersion element is featured, to control colour fringing and chromatic aberrations, and a Super Spectra coating has been applied to suppress flare and ghosting for improved contrast and colour fidelity. Additionally, as an L-series lens, this 100mm f/2.8 is weather-sealed for working in inclement conditions.
- Short telephoto prime is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 160mm equivalent focal length.
- Ideal for macro shooting, this lens offers a life-size 1:1 maximum magnification along with a minimum focusing distance of 30 cm to suit working with close-up subjects.
- One ultra-low dispersion (UD) element greatly reduces chromatic aberrations and colour fringing for improved clarity and colour accuracy.
- Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimise ghosting and flare for greater contrast and colour neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- An Optical Image Stabiliser helps to minimise the appearance of camera shake to better enable working in low-light conditions and with slower shutter speeds. The effectiveness of this system compensates for up to two stops of camera shake at 1:1 magnification, three stops at 1:2 magnification, and four stops at lower magnifications.
- A ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM), and internal focusing design, is employed to deliver fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override.
- Focus Limiter switch lets you constrain the focusing to three different ranges for faster focusing performance: 30 cm-49 cm, 49 cm-infinity, and the full 30 cm-infinity range.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- As a member of the esteemed L-series, this lens is sealed against dust and moisture for working in inclement environmental conditions.
- Optional rotating tripod collar is available and benefits working with the lens atop a tripod or monopod.
|Camera Mount Type||Canon EF|
|Format Compatibility||35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor|
|Angle of View||24°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||30 cm|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:1|
|Elements/Groups||15 / 12|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Tripod Collar||Optional Removable - rotating|
|Filter Thread||Front: 67 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 77.7 x 123 mm|
In The Box
- Canon EF 100mm f2.8L IS USM Macro Lens
- E-67 II 67mm Lens Cap
- Lens Dust Cap E (Rear)
- AET-73 Lens Hood for Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS Lens
- LP1219 Soft Lens Case
Reviews(no ratings yet)
Give it a quick rating:
Thanks for your rating!
Write a review