- F-Mount Lens/DX Format
- 27-82.5mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/3.5 to f/38
- Two Aspherical Elements
- Super Integrated Coating
Updating the staple DX-format standard zoom, the AF-P DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR from Nikon offers a 27-82.5mm equivalent focal length range as well as an especially sleek form factor. Two aspherical elements are featured in the optical design, which help to control spherical aberrations and distortion in order to realise high sharpness and accurate rendering. A Super Integrated Coating is also used to minimise flare and ghosting for greater contrast and colour accuracy. Suiting both photo and video applications, the AF-P designation indicates the use of a pulse stepping motor that offers notably quiet, fast, and precise autofocus performance. Additionally, Vibration Reduction image stabilisation compensates for up to four stops of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting.
- Standard zoom spans wide-angle to portrait focal lengths and is designed for Nikon F-mount DX-format cameras, where it provides a 27-82.5mm equivalent range.
- Two aspherical elements are used to reduce spherical aberrations and distortion in order to realise sharp imagery with accurate rendering.
- A Super Integrated Coating has been applied to individual elements to suppress internal reflections, flare, and ghosting for improved contrast and colour accuracy when working in strong lighting conditions.
- AF-P pulse motor uses stepping motors to deliver impressively smooth, quiet, and fast autofocus performance that is well-suited to both stills and video applications.
- VR (Vibration Reduction) image stabilisation helps to minimise the appearance of camera shake by four stops to benefit shooting handheld in difficult lighting conditions.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm promotes a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- A retractable lens barrel design maintains an especially compact form factor when the lens is not in use. Additionally, autofocus and VR switches have been removed from the lens design for a sleek profile; these operations are now accessible in compatible cameras' menu systems.
- Full Compatibility: D7500, D5600, D5500, D5300, D3400, D3300, D500, and later Nikon 500-, 7000-, D5000-, and D3000-series cameras.
- Compatible with Limited Functions: D5, D850, D810/A, Df, D750, D7200, D7100, D5200, Nikon 1-series with FT1 adapter.
- Compatible cameras may require a firmware update.
|Focal Length||18 - 55mm
Comparable 35mm Focal Length: 27 - 82.5 mm
|Aperture||Maximum: f/3.5 - 5.6
Minimum: f/22 - 38
|Camera Mount Type||Nikon F|
|Format Compatibility||Nikon DX|
|Angle of View||76° - 28° 50'|
|Minimum Focus Distance||9.84" / 25 cm|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:2.63|
|Optical Design||12 Elements in 9 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||7, Rounded|
|Filter Thread||Front: 55 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 2.54 x 2.46" / 64.5 x 62.5 mm|
|Weight||7.23 oz / 205 g|