The Redrock DIY (do-it-yourself) Guide is a comprehensive manual for building a production-grade 35mm lens adapter. Following the steps outlined in this guidebook, film students and educators, technology aficionados, and budget-conscious movie makers can create a high quality 35mm adapter for their own camera using available parts and minimal skills.
What’s included in the Guide
The Guide is a detailed, 37 page printed document with 8 CAD drawings, and 29 helpful photos and images illustrating the various steps. In addition, the guide is shipped with one of the most important adapter elements – an imaging screen (aka "ground glass") made of high quality optical polymer.
Benefits and features
- Details instructions from start to finish
- Step-by-step chapters
- Pictures that illustrate each step
Includes precise mechanical drawings
- CAD drawings with measurements and tolerances help to ensure precision
Includes Supply Sources
- Contact information and part numbers on where to purchase the necessary components
Access to the private Redrock Guide forum
- Exchange ideas, approaches, and experience with others building the adapter
- Forum moderators often add new ideas and updates