(no ratings yet) Thanks for your rating!
The 12x50 Granite Binocular from Celestron is a solid instrument of optical aristocracy. The 12x50 Granite pedigrees include ED (extra-low dispersion) glass, full broadband multi-coatings, BAK4 prisms, dielectric high reflectivity coatings and phase coatings. Collectively they bestow edge-to-edge sharpness, excellent colour correction, razor sharp images, and virtual elimination of chromatic aberration, field curvature, and distortion. They maximise light transmission with a high level of contrast, furnish vivid colour saturation in conjunction with the brightest possible images and correct out of phase light wave shifting to ensure maximum contrast. A royal repast.
The powerful 12 power magnification brings the subject's details in close. The large 50 millimetre aperture keeps the details bright. This is an excellent scope for the optimum twilight conditions of the hunt or at the other end, astronomical observation of the night sky.
The feature set is amply appropriate for a duke's table. An open frame hinge presents an excellent grip, is comfortable to hold with even a single hand and helps minimise the overall weight. Nitrogen purged waterproofing and fogproofing prevents fogging, clouding and moisture damage. The rubber covered magnesium body with metal focus knob, dioptre and eyecups afford rugged construction for the crown to be passed on. Thumb indents and finger ridges prevent slipping. The included harness strap keeps the binocular close to the chest for immediate access. This optic is fit for the Queen, or King.
- Wide AAoV of 63.8°
- Eco friendly lead and arsenic free
- Phase coatings correct out of phase shifts of light rays to ensure maximum contrast
- Open frame hinge design provides reduced weight, an excellent grip and handling comfort
- ED (extra-low dispersion) glass delivers edge-to-edge sharpness and excellent colour correction
- Nitrogen purged waterproofing and fogproofing prevents fogging, clouding and moisture damage
- Metal focus knob, dioptre ring, and twist-up eyecups for durable longevity and precision movements
- Rubber covered with thumb indentations & finger ridges provision protection from rough handling and slipping
- BAK4 Prisms with dielectric high reflectivity coatings of 98.5% ± 0.5% help increase the throughput transmission to provide the brightest possible images
- Premium harness strap takes the strain off the neck and evenly distributes the weight load to the shoulders and torso keeping the binoculars immediately available
|Objective Lens Diameter
|Angle of View
||279' @ 1000 yd / 92.63 m @ 1000 m
|Minimum Focus Distance
||11.5' / 3.51 m
|Exit Pupil Diameter
||56 - 73 mm / 2.20 - 2.87"
||Not Specified By Manufacturer
||6.75 x 5.0 x 2.5" / 17.15 x 12.70 x 6.35 cm
||30 oz / 851 g