Across the Pentax line of sport optics, and even binoculars as a whole, the 10x50 DCF ED Binocular stands out as a great entry. Part of Pentax's super-premium DCF ED series of extremely rugged roof prism units, it is blessed with pristine Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) glass elements. As good as Pentax's previous efforts were, such as the very fine DCF SP models, nothing works quite like ED glass when it comes to eliminating any trace of chromatic aberrations. The resolving power of the edge of your subject is impeccable, and the 10x50 DCF ED can hold detail in dark-coloured birds or wildlife even when cast against a bleached, overcast sky.
All of the binoculars in the DCF ED series have every imaginable feature needed for the most demanding viewer, such as fully multicoated glass, large phase-coated roof prisms, nitrogen purged metal-based housings, and a hard water and dirt repelling coating on exterior elements.
All of Pentax's binocular line is backed by their "Worry-Free" warranty, which guarantees your binocular will be repaired or replaced no matter the cause for damage ( even by your own fault ) for a charge of $19.95.
- ED Glass elements render colours more accurately and provide sharper images
- Hybrid aspherical lens elements improve edge-to-edge sharpness
- Every piece of glass is given extensive full multicoating to maximise light transmissivity across the entire visible spectrum
- Eyepiece and objective elements hard coated with Pentax's water and dirt-repelling treatment
- Locking ±3 dioptric correction
- Magnesium-alloy body with protein-enhanced, hard-wearing rubber armour
- JIS Class 6 weatherproofing standard ( tested to withstand bombardment from water jets at all angles )
- 58-74mm Interpupillary adjustment range
- Soft helicoid eyecups with 4 intermediary positions to suit any user
Pentax "Worry Free" Warranty
Pentax will repair or replace this binocular to the original purchaser ( even if damaged by fault of the owner ) for a charge of $19.95. This warranty does not cover cosmetic damage, theft or loss. Replacement may be with comparable model if the original model is no longer available, at Pentax's discretion.
|Objective Lens Diameter||50mm|
|Angle of View||5.0°|
|Field-of-View||261' @ 1000 yd / 86.65 m @ 1000 m|
|Minimum Focus Distance||11.48' / 3.5 m|
|Exit Pupil Diameter||5.0 mm|
|Eye Relief||22 mm|
|Interpupillary Adjustment||58 - 74 mm / 2.28 - 2.91"|
|Dioptric Correction||Not Specified By Manufacturer|
|Dimensions||5.2 x 2.32 x 6.69" / 13.21 x 5.89 x 16.99 cm|
|Weight||30.16 oz / 855 g|