Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II Digital CameraProduct #33406 | SKU 1066C001
- 20.1MP 1" CMOS Sensor
- DIGIC 7 Image Processor
- 4.2x Optical Zoom f/1.8-f/2.8 Lens
- 24-100mm (35mm Equivalent)
- 3.0" 1.04m-Dot Tilting LCD Touchscreen
Blending notable imaging qualities with refined handling, the PowerShot G7 X Mark II Digital Camera from Canon is a compact point-and-shoot characterised by its large feature-set. Utilising a 20.1MP 1" CMOS sensor and DIGIC 7 image processor, this camera offers an expanded sensitivity of ISO 25600 and achieves smooth image quality with reduced noise when working in low-light conditions. Additionally, it is also capable of recording stills at up to 8 fps as well as Full HD 1080p60 video. Complementing the sensor and processor combination is a versatile 4.2x zoom lens, which provides a 24-100mm equivalent focal length range, covering wide-angle to short-telephoto perspectives. A fast f/1.8-f/2.8 maximum aperture maintains consistent performance throughout the zoom range and also benefits working in difficult lighting conditions. The lens design is surrounded by a familiar control ring that offers intuitive control over settings, and a large 3.0" 1.04m-dot tilting touchscreen LCD provides a natural means for composing imagery from a variety of shooting angles. Additionally, the G7 X Mark II also features built-in Wi-Fi with NFC for wireless sharing of imagery to smartphones or tablets, as well as remote camera control from linked mobile devices.
20.1MP 1" CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 7 Image Processor
Delivering notable image quality in a variety of situations, a 20.1MP 1" CMOS sensor and DIGIC 7 image processor combine to create the Canon HS SYSTEM, which avails clean, clear imagery with minimal noise and a wide dynamic range, with a top expanded sensitivity to ISO 25600. The sensor and processor also avail the ability to shoot raw or JPEG files at up to 8 fps or record Full HD 1080p60 video in the MP4 format with stereo sound.
In addition to benefitting image quality, the DIGIC 7 processor also enhances focusing speeds and tracking capabilities for maintaining sharp focus on moving subjects, even in low light and low contrast situations. Additionally, the processor also enables Dual Sensing IS that interprets data from imagery in order to intelligently reduce blur caused by camera shake.
4.2x Optical Zoom Lens and Intelligent IS
A built-in 4.2x optical zoom lens provides a versatile 24-100mm equivalent focal length range, and features a bright f/1.8-f/2.8 maximum aperture range to benefit working in difficult lighting conditions throughout the zoom range. This fast maximum aperture also teams up with a nine-blade diaphragm to produce a smooth bokeh quality when using selective focus techniques. Additionally, a Super Spectra Coating has been applied to individual lens elements to noticeably reduce lens flare and ghosting when shooting in strong lighting conditions.
An Intelligent IS image stabilisation system is also incorporated into the lens design to minimise the appearance of camera shake for a variety of shooting scenarios:
- Normal IS: Corrects for a wide variety of camera movement types when shooting stills.
- Panning IS: Intended for use when making tracking shots, this setting ensures that IS will not interfere with desired lateral camera movements.
- Macro (Hybrid) IS: Used for both stills and video recording, this setting corrects for shift-type camera shake that is common when photographing close-up subjects. It also compensates for motion blur associated with recording video while walking.
- Tripod: Image stabilisation is deactivated when shooting stills atop a tripod.
- Dynamic IS: This setting is effective when recording video using wider focal lengths and simultaneously walking or moving.
- Powered IS: Ideally suited for shooting video with telephoto focal lengths, this mode compensates for the camera movements that become more apparent with greater zoom magnifications.
- Active Tripod IS: Unlike the stills tripod mode, this video-specific tripod mode compensates for slight amounts of shake that can be caused when recording movies from a tripod.
Body Design and Built-In Wi-Fi
- A sleek, compact profile incorporates a large 3.0" 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD that features a 180° upward, 45° downward tilting design to support taking selfies or working from low shooting angles.
- A manual control ring surrounds the lens for intuitive control over select camera and exposure settings. The ring can also be set to have clicked intervals, for tactile recognition of settings changes, or can be de-clicked for smooth, quiet transitions between adjustments.
- Built-in Wi-Fi with NFC allows you to wirelessly share your photos and movies with a linked smartphone or tablet as well as remotely control the camera from the mobile device by using the Camera Connect app.
Other Camera Features
- Picture Style affords in-camera control over the colour, contrast, and sharpness of imagery.
- In-camera raw file conversions let you preview and apply adjustments to files without needing to process the files on a computer.
- A Time-Lapse Movie function automatically compiles sequentially-recorded images taken at predetermined intervals and composites them into a seamless movie file for smooth playback.
- A dedicated Panning function can lock onto an intended subject and, using image stabilisation, automatically adjust the shutter speed to render a sharp moving subject set against a blurred background.
|Pixels||Actual: 20.9 Megapixel|
Effective: 20.1 Megapixel
|File Formats||Still Images: JPEG, RAW|
Movies: MP4, MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
Audio: AAC LC
|Max Resolution||5472 x 3648|
|Aspect Ratio||1:1, 3:2, 4:3, 16:9|
|Lens||EFL: 8.8-36.8mm (35 mm equivalent: 24-100mm)|
Aperture: f/1.8 (W) - 2.8 (T)
|Focus Range||Wide: 5 cm - Infinity|
Telephoto: 40 cm - Infinity
Macro: 5 cm - 50 cm
Quick: 1.5 m - 20 m
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 125-6400 (Extended Mode: 125-25600)|
|Shutter||15 - 1/2000 Second , Bulb Mode|
1 - 1/2000 Second in Auto Mode
|Exposure Metering||Centre-Weighted, Evaluative, Spot|
|Exposure Modes||Modes: AE Lock, Aperture Priority, Custom, Manual, Programme Shift, Safety Shift, Shutter Priority|
Compensation: -3 EV to +3 EV (in 1/3 EV Steps)
Handheld Night Scene
Star Time-Lapse Movie
Toy Camera Effect
|White Balance Modes||Auto, Cloudy, Custom, Daylight, Flash, Fluorescent, Fluorescent H, Kelvin, Shade, Tungsten, Underwater|
|Buffer/Continuous Shooting||Up to 8 fps at 20.1 MP for up to 30 Frames|
Up to 5.4 fps at 20.1 MP for up to 46 Frames
Up to 4 fps at 20.1 MP
|Self-Timer||2, 10 Seconds|
|Maximum Effective Flash Range||Wide: 0.5 - 7 m |
Telephoto: 0.4 - 4 m
|Memory Card Type||SD|
|Video Recording||Yes, NTSC|
|Resolution||1920 x 1080p: 59.94 fps, 29.97 fps, 23.98 fps|
1280 x 720p: 29.97 fps
640 x 480p: 29.97 fps
|Video Clip Length||Up to 29 Min 59 Sec|
|Audio Recording||Built-In Mic: With Video (Stereo)|
|Screen||3.0" LCD Rear Touch Screen Tilt (1,040,000 pixels)|
|Connectivity||AV Output, HDMI D (Micro), Micro-USB, USB 2.0|
|Wi-Fi||Yes, 802.11b/g/n built-in|
|Operating/Storage Temperature||Operating |
0 to 40°C
Humidity: 10 - 90%
|Battery||1 x NB-13L Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack, 3.6 VDC, 1250 mAh|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||105.5 x 60.9 x 42.0 mm|
|Weight||320 g with battery and memory card|
In The Box
- Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II Digital Camera
- NB-13L Lithium-Ion Battery Pack (3.6V, 1250mAh)
- CB-2LH Battery Charger for NB-13L Li-Ion Batteries
- WS-DC12 Wrist Strap
- Limited 1-Year Warranty