A 67mm Hoya FL-W Fluorescent Hoya Multi-Coated (HMC) Glass filter is used to balance daylight film under warm white or white type fluorescent lamps.
NOTE: The FL series of filters alone does not always guarantee 100% correct colour balance when shooting under fluorescent lighting. They are general purpose filters intended for moderate correction and will not, by themselves, necessarily provide perfect colour rendition.
An FL-D Fluorescent Glass filter is used when you wish to correct for the greenish tone that appears when shooting daylight film under general purpose fluorescent lighting. An FL-B filter is used to correct the colour balance when shooting tungsten film under fluorescent lighting.
Fluorescent lamps burn at many different temperatures and often require more demanding filtration for exact results. For specific filtration and professional use, it is strongly recommended that a colour temperature metre be employed along with Colour Correction filters (i.e.CC30M) when shooting under fluorescent lighting. This is the only proven way to achieve exact colour correction.
Multicoated to minimise reflection at the filter surfaces which reduces flare and ghosting.
- Pleasing skin tones under fluorescent lighting without flash
- True-to-life colour rendition
- Essential in any environment where ambient light source is fluorescent
- As one of the premier filter manufacturers, Hoya filters continue to made from quality glass assuring the photographer clear, sharp and accurate images
- Hoya filters consistently provide even colour all the way through the filter; All surfaces are ground and polished to specific thickness and tolerances
- Even non-multi-coated Hoya filters have one layer of anti-reflective coating applied to each surface of the glass; Hoya's single layer coating decreases light reflection off the surface from approx. 9% to an average of 4-5%
||Moderate colour correction under fluorescent light when shooting with daylight film
||Used to correct the colour balance when shooting daylight film under fluorescent lighting
|Front Filter Thread Size
|Front Lens Cap Size