The Tiffen Image Maker Fundamental Kit has everything you need to get great shots outdoor. Whether you prefer landscapes or portraits, this kit can give you an edge.
Ultra Circular Polarising Filter If a traditional polariser doesn't give you enough "zip", the Tiffen "Ultra" polariser gives you a little more. Ultra Polarisers bump up your blue skies a touch more just enough to make that critical difference. Tiffen Linear Ultra Pol and Circular Ultra Pol filters offer the best polarisation effects available for professional motion picture and television work. They extract the maximum of unwanted glare from the scene and render crisp white clouds against a dramatically dark blue sky, like never before.
Neutral Density 0.9 Filter Neutral Density filters have several uses and offer the possibility to achieve otherwise unachievable results. They enable the shooter to adjust exposure without affecting colour balance. ND filters appear gray and reduce the amount of light reaching the film.
Determining which neutral density filter yields ideal results for any given lighting situation takes knowledge, experience and a collection of such filters. Speaking generally, the 2-stop value (ND 0.6) effectively compensates average situations.
Pro Mist 1/4 Filter This is a soft focus filter. The Pro-Mist filter is exceptional for creating a special mood. Outdoors or indoors, in broad scenics or portraits, the Pro-Mist is excellent for toning down excessive sharpness and reducing contract by moderately lightening shadow areas without detracting from the overall image. This is especially useful given the contrast and extremely sharp resolution produced by contemporary film and video lenses.
Pro-Mist filters give your portraits that extra edge of professionalism. It is available in various grades which allow you to soften contrast to whatever degree you feel your subject requires.
Ultra Circular Polarising Filter
- Ultra Polarisers polarise light "a little more" than regular polarisers
Neutral Density Filters Have Four Main Uses
- To enable slow shutter speeds to be used, especially with high speed films, to record movement in subjects such as waterfalls, clouds, or cars
- To decrease depth of field by allowing wider apertures to be used, which helps separate subjects from their background
- To decrease the effective ISO of high speed film (above ISO 400) and allow it to be used outdoors in bright situation
- To allow cine and video cameras (which have fixed shutter speeds) to film subjects such as snow, sand or other bright scenes which could cause overexposure
Neutral Density Factors
- ND.3 (exposure adjustment = 1 stop, reduces ISO 1/2)
- ND.6 (exposure adjustment = 2 stops, reduces ISO 1/4)
- ND.9 (exposure adjustment = 3 stops, reduces ISO 1/8)
Pro Mist Filter
- Creates a special atmosphere by softening excess sharpness and contrast
- Generates a pearlescent halo around highlights
- Lighter grades are useful in toning down the excessive sharpness and contrast of contemporary film and lens combinations
- Tiffen filters are manufactured using ColorCore technology, a closely guarded proprietary process that entails permanently laminating the filter material in between two pieces of optical glass that are ground flat to tolerances of a ten-thousandth of an inch, then mounting them in precision metal rings
- The ColorCore process allows Tiffen to control the colour and density of their filters, and the characteristics of special effects filters with much greater accuracy than typical dyed-in-the-mass filters, which usually exhibit colour and density variations
- Top Hollywood motion picture studios rely on Tiffen filters for their multi-million-dollar productions Superior quality and design make Tiffen the overwhelming choice of moviemakers, professional photographers and even NASA
- Tiffen has also been awarded an Emmy, from the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, for its engineering excellence
|Type||Image Maker Fundamental Kit|
|Size||4 x 4" (100 x 100mm, 4mm thick)|
|Grade||Neutral Density: 0.9 |
Ultra Polariser: Not Applicable
Pro Mist: 1/4
|Filter Factor||Neutral Density: 3-stops |
Ultra Polariser: Between 2.3 and 2.8 (approx. +1.3 stops)
Pro Mist: Not Specified by Manufacturer
|Effect||Neutral Density: Reduce the amount of light reaching the film |
To use high speed film in bright light
Ultra Polariser: Removes reflections and increases colour saturation without affecting the overall colour balance
Pro Mist: Soft focus
|Application||Neutral Density: Nature, travel, outdoor photography |
Ultra Polariser: Nature, travel, outdoor photography
Pro Mist: Great for portraits and scenics, wedding photography
|Colour Temperature||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|Front Filter Thread Size||Not Applicable|
|Front Lens Cap Size||Not Applicable|