Tiffen 67mm Water White IRND 1.8 Filter (6 Stop) has been discontinued, here are some related products you might like:
The Tiffen 67mm Water White IRND 1.8 Filter is an ND filter with a 64x filter factor that provides a 6 stop exposure reduction. Its 1.8 density creates a darkening of the entire image, allowing you to photograph with a wider aperture or slower shutter speed than normally required. By slowing your exposure time or increasing your aperture, you are able to control depth of field and convey movement more easily. Neutral density filters are intended to not affect the colouration of the image and are ideal for pairing with other filters.
The design of this filter has been optimised for use with digital sensors and to promote nearly flat attenuation of visible light and infrared light. Due to imaging sensors' greater susceptibility to infrared light, compared to traditional film, colour casts can occur when photographing darker subjects that require increased exposure times.
This filter is constructed from Water White glass for increased clarity as well as colour fidelity. It is made using ColorCore technology, a process that involves laminating the filter substrate between 2 pieces of optical glass, grinding flat to a tolerance of 1/10,000th of an inch, and then mounting to precision metal rings.
- 1.8 neutral density filter darkens the image, allowing you to photograph with a longer shutter speed or wider aperture than normally required.
- Providing a 6 stop exposure reduction, this filter allows you to control depth of field and convey movement more easily.
- Attenuates infrared light to maintain colour neutrality and suppress colour casts due to increased exposure lengths.
- Filter does not affect colouration of the image and is ideal for use with other filters.
- Constructed from Water White glass for increased optical clarity.
- 67mm front filter threads allow for use with other filters.
- Plastic filter case for storage and transport.
|Type||Graduated neutral density with IR attenuation|
|Filter Factor||64 (6 stop)|
|Effect||Permits a longer exposure and helps to attenuate IR contamination|
|Construction||ColorCore technology using Water White glass|
|Front Filter Thread Size||67 mm|
|Front Lens Cap Size||67 mm|