Tiffen 77mm Full Spectrum IRND 2.1 FilterProduct #16057 | SKU W77IRND21
- Enables Use of ND Without IR Pollution
- Maintains Colour Fidelity
- 7 Stop Exposure Increase
- Ideal for HD Cameras
- ColorCore Water White Glass
The Tiffen 77mm Full Spectrum IRND 2.1 Filter is a combination of both an infrared control filter and a 2.1 neutral density filter. An IRND is ideal for HD cameras, which have greater low-light sensitivity and, subsequently, an increased susceptibility to IR contamination. When using a standard neutral density filter to counter the increased light sensitivity afforded by the HD sensor, the effects of infrared pollution become more apparent. This filter combines an ND filter with a comparable IR control filter to eliminate the spill of infrared light reaching the sensor while still maintaining the extra exposure benefits of a neutral density filter.
This filter is constructed from Water White glass and is made using ColorCore technology, a process that involves laminating the filter substrate between 2 pieces of optical glass, grinding flat to a tolerance of 1/10,000th of an inch, and mounting to precision metal rings.
- Infrared control filter helps to block infrared pollution from affecting the colour fidelity of imagery; this enables a wider colour gamut and truer colours, especially noticeable in the darker regions of the image.
- 2.1 neutral density filter requires a 7 stop increase in exposure for normal results.
- Water White optical glass for excellent clarity.
|Filter Type||Solid ND Combination|
|Combination Type||IR Attenuation|
|Density||2.1 (7 Stops)|
|Circular Size||77 mm|
|Front Accessory Thread / Bayonet||77 mm|