The Tiffen 55mm Pearlescent 1/2 Filter helps to reduce excessive sharpness and contrast that is common to high-resolution digital imaging technologies and modern lenses, while still maintaining the overall focus of an image. Additionally, this filter also helps to mute colours for unique, pastel-like tones and also produces an atmospheric glow surrounding the highlights. The 1/2 density provides less contrast and sharpness reduction than the 1, while still producing a soft, yet natural appearance.
This filter is constructed from Water White glass and is made using ColorCore technology, a process that involves laminating the filter substrate between 2 pieces of optical glass, grinding flat to a tolerance of 1/10,000th of an inch, and mounting to precision metal rings.
- Produces a unique atmosphere by softening excess sharpness and contrast that is common to high-resolution digital capture.
- Produces unique pearlescent halos surrounding highlights.
- Maintains overall focus while offering a generally softer feel.
- Mutes colours and tones for a pastel-like aesthetic.
- Reduces and smoothes blemishes and wrinkles.
- Water White optical glass maintains high optical clarity.
|Effect||Softens excess sharpness and contrast, produces halos surrounding light sources, mutes colours|
|Construction||Water White glass and ColorCore technology|
|Front Filter Thread Size||55 mm|
|Front Lens Cap Size||55 mm|