Tiffen 82mm Low Light Linear Polarizer Filter has been discontinued, here are some related products you might like:
The Tiffen 82mm Low Light Linear Polariser Filter helps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarised due to reflection from a non-metallic surface. This results in a noticeable increase in the saturation of skies and foliage, as well as clearer imagery when photographing in hazy conditions. A linear polariser differs from a circular polariser in that it does not supports use of a camera's autofocus or auto exposure functions; it is best suited for use with manual cameras, such as view cameras, that are not dependant on internal mechanisms to determine focus or metering settings.
This low light polariser has less of a polarising effect than a standard polariser, allowing for it to be used in indoor and darker situations when available light is at a premium. This filter is also more ideal to pair with others so the filter factor does not become overwhelming. The low light linear polariser requires approximately 1 stop of exposure compensation.
Tiffen filters are made using ColorCore technology, a process that involves laminating the filter substrate between 2 pieces of optical glass, grinding flat to a tolerance of 10,000th of an inch, and then mounting to precision metal rings.
- Low light polariser is less dense than a standard polariser, allowing for greater light transmission and more versatility when working in darker conditions.
- Helps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarised due to reflection from a non-metallic surface.
- Polarising filters arrange, and filter, directionally polarised light perpendicularly to the reflected light, allowing for the absorption of much of the light.
- Clears up haze in distant landscapes and provides more saturated, vivid colours.
- Strongest effect when used at a 90° angle from the sun.
- Constructed using Tiffen's ColorCore technology.
|Type||Linear low light polariser|
|Filter Factor||2 (1 stop)|
|Effect||Eliminates reflections and haze and improves colour and tonal saturation|
|Application||For use in low light situations|
|Construction||ColorCore technology glass|
|Front Filter Thread Size||82 mm|
|Front Lens Cap Size||82 mm|