(no ratings yet) Thanks for your rating!
Vello FreeWave Captain Wireless TTL Triggering System for Nikon i-TTL SLRsProduct #33096 | SKU VCTTL-N |(no ratings yet) Thanks for your rating!
- FreeWave Captain TTL Wireless Trans.
- FreeWave Captain TTL Wireless Rec.
- Flash Cables and Shutter Release Cable
- 2.4 GHz Reduced Interference Frequency
- Battery Indicator on Transmitter
The FreeWave Captain Wireless TTL Flash Trigger and Remote TTL Shutter Release System for Nikon i-TTL SLRs from Vello is a multi-purpose 2.4 GHz, 4-channel digital i-TTL radio system that gives wireless freedom from a PC cord plus the convenience of accurate exposures through wireless communication with your camera's i-TTL flash technology. Imagine the near impossibility of running 100 m lengths of PC cord to shoot outdoors, then imagine the wireless freedom of remote triggered, camera control with auto exposure in a radius up to 100 m. Using 2 shoe mount i-TTL flashes and an assistant you'd have enough mobility to light groups, demos, shows, portraits and events on location, on-the-fly.
And the benefits aren't limited to flash photography either. You can also use the receiver with the included camera cord and handhold the transmitter to wirelessly trigger your camera in single shot, continuous shot, bulb, and timer modes. This is of paramount importance in situations where a subject, such as wildlife, may be difficult to approach. Additionally, the wireless function of the device reduces the potential of camera shake when doing macro, close-up, and long exposure photography. The Captain system can also be combined with the non-TTL FreeWave Fusion LR system, and additional FreeWave Fusion LR receivers can be integrated into the Captain system.
The Vello FreeWave Wireless TTL Captain's High Speed Sync and Second Curtain Sync functions create easy to control lighting effects and other creative options such as stop-action shooting and a wide degree of background or ambient light control.
- Full i-TTL functionality for Nikon cameras that work with Nikon i-TTL flashes
- Adjustable TTL EV allows fine tuning of TTL settings to match your vision
- 4 Separate channels with a digitally coded 2.4 GHz signal
- Multiple shutter release triggering options
- High Speed Sync function allows for a maximum sync speed of up to 1/8,000 second (in TTL mode)
- Second Curtain Sync enables the user to create special effects and "after blur" images
Nikon: D1, D1H, D1X, D2, D200, D2H, D2Hs, D2X, D2Xs, D3, D300, D300s, D3s, D3x, D3100, D3200, D3300, D4, D4s, D5000, D5100, D5200, D5300, D600, D610, D750, D700, D7000, D7100, D800, D800e, D810, Df and D90
TTL EV Control
The Vello FreeWave Captain's Wireless TTL Transmitter provides the user with the ability to manually adjust the TTL of an i-TTL capable flash in 1/3 stops between -3 to +3
High Speed Sync (HSS) Control
Control the High Speed Sync (HSS) function from the device. This mode allows your camera to set the shutter speed faster than a flash would normally be able to fire in sync with. HSS mode instructs the flash to fire multiple short pulses of light to match the shutter's speed. Your camera/flash manual will indicate how you can access this mode
Second Curtain Sync (SCS) Control
Second Curtain Sync (SCS) mode fires a flash at the end of an exposure rather than at the beginning to create the illusion of motion in an image. This yields natural-looking blur trails behind the moving subject such as those seen in night shots of speeding cars
Control the AF illumination on the device itself, without having to go through your camera's menu
|Range||Up to 100 m|
|Shutter Modes||Settings controlled by camera: Single Shot, Continuous, Self-Timer, Bulb|
|Connections||Transmitter: Hot shoe foot, USB port
Receiver: Hot shoe mount, USB port, 3.5 mm flash sync port,
2.5 mm shutter release port, USB Port, DC5V power input
|Power Supply||Transmitter: 2x AA
Receiver: 2x AA
|Dimensions||Transmitter: 9.21 x 4.75 x 4.37 cm
Receiver: 9.3 x 4.71 x 4.56 cm
|Weight||Transmitter: 133 g
Receiver: 133 g
In The Box
- Vello FreeWave Captain Wireless TTL Triggering System for Nikon i-TTL SLRs
- FreeWave Captain Wireless TTL Transmitter
- FreeWave Captain Wireless TTL Receiver
- 2.5mm Remote Shutter Release Cable for Select Nikon & Fuji Cameras
- 2.5mm Remote Shutter Release Cable for Select Nikon Cameras
- 2.5mm Remote Shutter Release Cable for Nikon D70s & D80 Cameras
- Studio Trigger Cable (3.5mm to 3.5mm)
- Monoplug Adapter (3.5mm to 1/4" Phono)
- USB Upgrade Cable
- 4 x AA Batteries
- Pouch Case
- User Manual