Sony Sonnar T* FE 55mm f/1.8 ZA LensProduct #33196 | SKU SEL55F18Z
- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 to f/22
- Three Aspherical Elements
- Zeiss T* Anti-Reflective Coating
- Linear Autofocus Motor; Internal Focus
A perfect pairing for full-frame Sony E-mount cameras, the Sonnar T * FAE 55mm f/1.8 ZA Lens offers excellent resolution and a fast f/1.8 aperture for photographers looking for a high-performing normal-length prime. By using three aspherical elements and Zeiss's legendary T* anti-reflective coating, this lens exhibits an absolute minimum of aberrations and flare. It also has a linear autofocus motor and internal focus design for fast, responsive AF and achieving a minimum focus distance of 48 cm. Additionally, the lens is dust and moisture resistant and uses a nine-blade circular diaphragm for smooth, rounded bokeh.
- Based on the Zeiss Sonnar optical concept, this lens uses a design with seven elements in five groups that helps achieve the large maximum aperture of f/1.8 while simultaneously reducing flare and improving contrast.
- A normal-length prime designed for full-frame E-mount cameras, this 55mm lens will provide a excellent perspective for street photography, portraits, and general-purpose shooting. It can also be used on APS-C format cameras where it will provide an equivalent focal length of 82.5mm.
- The f/1.8 maximum aperture allows users to create images with shallow depth of field and work in low-light conditions with relative ease.
- Zeiss T* anti-reflective coatings have been applied to each lens surface to help minimise reflections in order to provide greater image clarity, contrast, and colour fidelity.
- Three aspherical elements, including two double-sided, are incorporated in the lens design to reduce astigmatism, field curvature, coma, and other monochromatic aberrations.
- A linear autofocus motor and internal focus design provide quick and precise autofocus performance and enables accurate and silent focusing while recording videos.
- Dust- and moisture-sealed design better permits working in inclement conditions and rubberised control rings benefit handling in colder temperatures.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
|Camera Mount Type||Sony E|
|Format Compatibility||35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor|
|Angle of View||43°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||50 cm|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:7.1|
|Elements/Groups||7 / 5|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Filter Thread||Front: 49 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 64.4 x 70.5 mm|
- Sony Sonnar T* FE 55mm f/1.8 ZA Lens
- RM Product #:
- Filter Diameter:
- Maximum Aperture:
- Prime Lenses
- Lens Type: