The Canon EF mount Samyang 35mm f/1.4 AS UMC Lens is a prime standard wide-angle lens designed for both full-frame and APS-C sized sensors; when used with an APS-C sensor the 35mm-equivalent focal length is 56mm. It is well-suited to working in a variety of situations ranging from landscape to portraiture. Its fast f/1.4 maximum aperture is further beneficial to working in low-light conditions and for greater control over selective focus and shallow depth of field effects. Two high refractive index elements and one aspherical element have been incorporated into the optical design to minimize chromatic aberrations in order to produce sharper images. A UMC coating has also been applied to lens elements to reduce surface reflections and prevent lens flare and ghosting for improved light transmission and more contrast-rich imagery.
- When used with full-frame image sensors, this lens' wide-angle perspective is well-suited to use in a broad array of conditions. When used with APS-C-sized sensors, this 56mm equivalent standard prime lens provides a similar field of view to normal vision.
- Fast f/1.4 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions and provides greater control over focus placement for shallow depth of field applications.
- Two high refractive index elements and one aspherical element reduce chromatic aberrations in order to produce greater sharpness and clarity.
- UMC coating improves light transmission and suppresses lens flare and ghosting for more contrast-rich, color-neutral images.
APSC Comparable 35mm Focal Length: 56 mm
|Camera Mount Type
||35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor
|Angle of View
APS-C Picture Angle: 40.8°
|Minimum Focus Distance
||11.81" (30 cm)
||Front: 77 mm
||Approx. 83 x 111.5 mm (3.27 x 4.39")
||710 g (1.56 lb)
||1.05 kg (2.35 lb)
|Box Dimensions (WxHxD)
||17 x 12.2 x 22.6 cm (6.7 x 4.8 x 8.9")
- Samyang 35mm f/1.4 AS UMC Lens for Canon EF
- RM Product #:
- Filter Diameter:
- Maximum Aperture:
- Prime Lenses
- Lens Type: