The Nikon AF-S 50mm f/1.4G Lens is a standard lens with an ultra-bright f/1.4 aperture, which allows for fast, accurate shooting with available light. It is also the excellent choice for when a shallow depth of field is desired. An ideal portrait lens when used on a Nikon DX-format digital SLR, it approximates the angle of view similar to that of a 75mm lens on a Nikon FX-format digital SLR or a 35mm film camera.
The optical design of this lens minimizes flare and chromatic aberration. The SWM (Silent Wave Motor) feature ensures fast and quiet focusing action, and the nine-blade rounded diaphragm makes out-of-focus elements blend smoothly to produce natural-looking, harmonious backgrounds.
An ideal prime lens, perfect for full-length portraits, travel photography or any type of available-light shooting.
- AF-S 50mm lens: a fast, single-focal-length lens with normal picture angle (when attached to a DX-format SLR, the picture angle is equivalent to a focal length of 75mm in FX/35mm format)
- Large maximum aperture of f/1.4
- Well-balanced design realizes both high MTF performance and natural-looking picture blur
- Newly developed optical system effectively corrects sagittal coma flare and chromatic aberration
- Silent Wave Motor (SWM) ensures smooth, quiet AF operation
- Two focus modes are available — M/A (manual-priority autofocus) and M (manual focus)
- Focus ring does not rotate in AF operation
- Natural blur effects thanks to nine-blade rounded diaphragm
- Although all lens groups shift during focusing, the lens barrel length does not change
- Lens Construction (Elements/Groups) 8/7
- Picture Angle with 35mm (135) format 46°
- Picture Angle with Nikon DX Format 31° 30'
- Minimum f/stop 16
- Closest focusing distance 0.45m
- Maximum reproduction ratio 0.15x
- Filter Attachment Size 58mm
- Lens Cap Snap-on
- Lens Hood HB-47
- Lens Case CL-1013
- Dimensions (approx.) (from the camera’s lens mounting flange) Approx. 73.5 x 54 mm
- Weight (approx.) Approx. 280 g
- Supplied Accessories (may differ by country or area) Front lens cap LC-58, Rear lens cap LF-1, Bayonet hood HB-47, Flexible lens pouch CL-1013
Note: G-type Nikkor lenses have no aperture control ring and are intended for use on Nikon D-SLRs that allow the lens aperture to be adjusted via the camera's command dial.
More information about Nikon Products and Lenses: (Link to Nikon Website)