The Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Lens is a multi-purpose zoom lens capable of wide-angle and telephoto imaging—and everything in between. This all-in-one NIKKOR zoom lens is compatible with DX format cameras, and it features an extra-low dispersion (ED) glass element in addition to an aspherical element that help to improve edge sharpness and clarity while correcting chromatic and geometric distortions. Its combination of high-quality optics and a broad zoom range make the 18-140mm an ideal go-to lens for travel and other tasks that demand functionality without sacrificing portability. Nikon's Silent Wave Motor (SWM) autofocus mechanism provides near-silent auto focusing that is both fast and accurate. Combined with Vibration Reduction (VR) image stabilization, the SWM AF system equips the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140mm for handheld video recording as well as fast-action photography. Additionally, manual autofocus override allows instant switching to manual focus without taking your eye off the subject of interest. A 1.48 ft minimum focus distance and f/3.5 maximum aperture permit macro-style shooting that yields shallow depth of field with pleasant out-of-focus detail.
- Compatible with DX-sized image sensors.
- The 7.8x magnification ratio provides a versatile 18-140mm zoom range (27-210mm equivalent) covers close-ups, portraiture, and telephoto imaging.
- Vibration Reduction can provide up to four stops of image stabilization for sharper handheld photos and video.
- One aspherical and one ED lens element reduce chromatic aberration and help improve image sharpness, clarity, field flatness.
- The Nikon Super Integrated Coated lens system enhances light transmission and reduces lens flare.
- The Silent Wave Motor autofocus mechanism provides quick, quiet and precise auto focusing.
- Manual focus override allows instant switching between AF and MF focusing systems for greater control of focus placement.
||18 - 140mm
Comparable 35mm Focal Length: 27 - 210 mm
||Maximum: f/3.5 - 5.6
Minimum: f/22 - 38
|Camera Mount Type
|Angle of View
||76° - 11° 30'
|Minimum Focus Distance
||1.48' (45 cm)
||Not Specified By Manufacturer
||Approx. 78 x 97 mm