One of the most versatile focal lengths available, Tokina's AT-X 24-70mm f/2.8 PRO FX Lens is a standard wide-angle to portrait-length zoom featuring a bright, constant f/2.8 maximum aperture. Designed for Nikon FX-format DSLRs, this everyday lens is ideally suited for nearly any genre of photography, including travel, portraiture, landscape, and event shooting. Three aspherical elements pair with three super-low dispersion elements to produce bright, evenly-illuminated imagery with controlled aberrations and distortions, while multi-layer lens coatings help to reduce flare and ghosting for improved contrast and colour accuracy. Well-suited to working in a wide variety of situations, this standard zoom covers an array of perspectives while maintaining consistent illumination for working in challenging lighting.
Benefitting the usability, a one-touch focusing clutch permits quick switching between autofocus and manual focus modes, and an internal focusing design maintains the overall length of the lens during use. A Silent-Drive Module AF system suits both stills and video recording, too, by providing quick and quiet performance. Additionally, this lens sees the incorporation of a nine-blade diaphragm, which contributes to a pleasing out-of-focus quality when employing shallow depth of field shooting techniques.
- Compatible with Nikon FX-format DSLRs, this standard zoom can also be used with DX-format DSLRs where it will provide a 36-105mm equivalent focal length range.
- Constant f/2.8 maximum aperture provides consistent performance throughout the zoom range and also contributes to greater control over focus position and when working in low-light conditions.
- Three glass moulded aspherical elements and three super-low dispersion (SD) glass elements combine to enable high resolution and consistent, even illumination with minimal distortion. The trio of low dispersion elements are arranged within the rear lens groups and also help to reduce chromatic aberrations for greater colour accuracy and clarity.
- Multi-layer lens coatings reduce lens flare and ghosting for greater contrast and maintained colour fidelity.
- A Silent Drive-Module (SDM) offers fast and quiet autofocus performance to benefit both still and movie recording applications.
- A one-touch focus clutch mechanism permits seamless switching between autofocus and manual focusing positions.
- An internal focusing mechanism maintains the overall lens form factor during operation.
- A nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth out-of-focus quality, which benefits the use of shallow depth of field techniques.
|Focal Length||24 - 70mm|
Comparable 35mm Equivalent on DX Format Focal Length: 36 - 105 mm
|Camera Mount Type||Nikon F|
|Format Compatibility||Nikon FX/35mm Film|
|Angle of View||84° 20' - 34° 49'|
|Minimum Focus Distance||38 cm|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:4.73|
|Optical Design||15 Elements in 11 Groups|
|Filter Thread||82 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 89.6 x 107.5 mm|