Panasonic LUMIX G Leica DG Nocticron 42.5mm f/1.2 ASPH Power OIS LensProduct #21348 | SKU H-NS043E
- Micro Four Thirds System
- 85mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/1.2 to f/16
- Two Aspherical Elements
- One ED Element, One UHR Element
Characterised by its fast and sophisticated optical design, the Leica DG Nocticron 42.5mm f/1.2 ASPH. POWER O.I.S. from Panasonic is an 85mm equivalent prime for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras. The fast f/1.2 maximum aperture benefits working in difficult lighting conditions and also affords more control over focus position for producing shallow depth of field imagery. The lens's optical design employs a pair of aspherical elements, one UHR element, and one extra-low dispersion element to reduce both spherical and chromatic aberrations for improved sharpness and clarity. Additionally, a Nano Surface Coating also enhances contrast and colour fidelity by reducing lens flare and ghosting.
Complementing the optical attributes, this lens also distinguishes itself with a POWER Optical Image Stabiliser, which minimises the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. A stepping AF motor and internal focus design also offer fast and near-silent focusing performance that is ideal for both photo and video applications.
- Portrait-length prime is designed for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras and provides an 85mm equivalent focal length.
- Exceptionally fast f/1.2 maximum aperture offers notable control over depth of field for working with selective focus techniques and also benefits shooting in low-light conditions.
- Two aspherical elements and one Ultra-High Refractive Index element help reduce spherical aberrations and distortion for improved sharpness and accurate rendering.
- One extra-low dispersion element controls chromatic aberrations and colour fringing for greater clarity and colour accuracy.
- A Nano Surface Coating minimises surface reflections throughout the entire visible spectrum for maintained contrast and colour fidelity with a marked reduction in lens flare and ghosting.
- An internal focusing system, coupled with a stepping AF motor, results in fast, smooth, and precise focusing performance that is well-paired to both still shooting and movie recording.
- POWER Optical Image Stabiliser (O.I.S.) minimises the appearance of camera shake to realise sharper imagery when shooting handheld.
- Metal lens barrel is accentuated by a dedicated MF/AF switch and an aperture ring for more direct, intuitive operation.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
Comparable 35mm Focal Length: 85 mm
|Camera Mount Type||Micro Four Thirds|
|Format Compatibility||Micro Four Thirds|
|Angle of View||29°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||50 cm|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:10|
|Elements/Groups||14 / 11|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Filter Thread||Front: 67 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 74 x 76.8 mm|
In The Box
- Panasonic LUMIX G Leica DG Nocticron 42.5mm f/1.2 ASPH Power OIS Lens
- G Lens Cap for Lumix Lenses (67mm)
- Rear Lens Cap for Lumix G Lenses
- Lens Hood
- Storage Bag
- Limited 1-Year Warranty