PolarPro Variable ND Filter Peter Mckinnon Edition 6-9 Stop 77mm
- Variable 1.8-2.7 Neutral Density Filter
- Reduces Exposure by 6 to 9 Stops
- Darkens Entire Image
- Greater Control over Exposure Settings
- Reduce Shutter Speeds, Widen Apertures
Email me when stock arrives
- Product: #75595
- SKU: 77-69-VND
The 77mm Peter McKinnon Edition Variable Neutral Density 1.8 to 2.7 Filter from PolarPro is designed to mount onto lenses with 77mm front filter threads and provides an exposure reduction of 6 to 9 stops. The 1.8 to 2.7 density creates a darkening of the entire image, allowing you to photograph with a wider aperture or slower shutter speed than normally possible. The degree of density is easily controlled by rotating the front filter ring, helping you to predetermine the additional exposure length required. By slowing your exposure time or increasing your aperture, you are able to control depth of field and convey movement more easily. For easier, repeatable control over density settings, the front ring is visually demarcated with numbers representing the different stop values and features side knurlings to further enable fast and precise positioning. To help ensure consistent exposures, the front ring is designed to prevent any rotation beyond the stop values etched on it.
This filter is constructed from quartz glass for enhanced durability. To prevent internal ghosting and reflections, 16 layers of anti-reflection coatings offer scratch protection to the filter substrate while promoting clarity and colour fidelity. The coatings associated with the PolarPro 77mm Peter McKinnon Edition Variable ND 1.8 to 2.7 Filter also result in an improved beading effect when in contact with water or oil, allowing for more efficient cleaning.
The quartz optics are set within an aluminium alloy filter ring assembly for durability while remaining lightweight. Both a filter case and pouch are included for storage and transport, as well as a slim cover. When used to grip the filter during installation, the cover helps to prevent fingerprints from being left on the filter's glass surfaces.
- Variable neutral density filter allows you to apply differing amounts of density from scene to scene.
- 8 to 2.7 neutral density filter darkens the image, allowing you to photograph with a longer shutter speed or wider aperture than normally possible.
- Providing a reduction of 6 to 9 stops, this filter allows you to control depth of field and convey movement more easily.
- Offers increased flexibility to use specific ISO settings or ISO films under bright ambient light.
- Provides increased exposure flexibility while using cinema or video cameras within a designated film frame rate.
- Constructed from quartz glass for enhanced durability.
- Multi-coated to prevent internal ghosting and reflections while promoting clarity as well as colour fidelity.
- Side knurlings allows the filter glass to be easily rotated.
- Front filter ring is constructed to help ensure that its rotation corresponds to the filter's exposure reduction range.
- 84mm front diameter helps to reduce the likelihood of vignetting with wide-angle lenses.
- Slim cover for enhanced grip during filter installation and prevention of fingerprints from being left on the filter's glass surfaces.
- Microfiber cloth for cleaning and maintenance.
- Plastic filter case and padded pouch for storage and transport.
|Filter Type||Variable ND|
|Density||1.8 (6-Stop) to 2.7 (9-Stop)|
|Circular Size||77 mm Filter Thread|