Samyang 50MM F1.2 XP Canon EF Lens
- EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.2 to f/16
- One Aspherical Element
- One High Refractive Index Element
- Ultra Multi-Coating reduces Flare and Ghost effects
Email me when stock arrives
An ultra-fast normal-length prime, the XP 50mm f/1.2 from Samyang is a Canon EF-mount lens distinguished by its speed and advanced optical design. Aspherical and high refractive index elements are used to reduce spherical aberrations and distortions in order to realise a high degree of clarity and sharpness, and an Ultra Multi-Coating is also featured to suppress ghosting and flare for increased contrast and colour fidelity. It's impressive f/1.2 maximum aperture also benefits working in low-light conditions and affords extensive control over depth of field for working with selective focus techniques. Additionally, the manual focus design contributes to the precise control over focus, and an aluminium-alloy housing benefits handling as well as improves overall durability.
- Normal-length prime 50mm f/1.2 lens is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with APS-C models where it will provide an 80mm equivalent focal length.
- Fast f/1.2 maximum aperture offers a high degree of control over depth of field for working with selective focus and shallow depth of field techniques. Additionally, it also benefits working in low-light conditions with slower shutter speeds.
- One aspherical element and one high refractive index element is featured in the optical design to control spherical aberrations for improved clarity and sharpness throughout the aperture range.
- An Ultra Multi-Coating has been applied to individual elements to minimise ghosting and flare for increased contrast and colour neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Manual focus design permits working with subjects as close as 1.5' away.
- Nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- Aluminium-alloy housing is both durable and lightweight.
- Rear contacts afford full camera-based control over exposure settings and also relay Exif data between the lens and camera body.
|Camera Mount Type||Canon EF|
|Format Compatibility||35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor|
|Angle of View||46.6°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||1.48' / 45 cm|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:5.8|
|Optical Design||11 Elements in 8 Groups|
|Filter Thread||Front: 86 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||3.66 x 4.62" / 93 x 117.4 mm|
|Weight||2.65 lb / 1.2 kg|