Samyang MF 85mm f/1.4 WS Mk2 Lens for Canon EF
- EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.4 to 22
- One Hybrid Aspherical Element
- Ultra Multi-Coating
- Manual Focus Design
Email me when stock arrives
- Product: #75848
- SKU: SY86370
An apt telephoto prime for portraiture and other selective compositions, the Samyang MF 85mm f/1.4 WS Mk2 Lens for Canon EF is characterised by its fast f/1.4 maximum aperture to suit working in low-light conditions and for controlling depth of field. The optical design incorporates one hybrid aspherical element that helps to reduce distortion and spherical aberrations for a high degree of sharpness and accurate rendering. An Ultra Multi-Coating has also been applied to reduce flare and ghosting in order to achieve greater contrast and colour fidelity. The manual focus design permits working with subjects as close as 3.6' away and a rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes a pleasing bokeh quality.
- Portrait-length prime is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount cameras but can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 136mm equivalent focal length.
- Fast f/1.4 maximum aperture offers a high degree of control over depth of field for working with selective focus and shallow depth of field techniques. Additionally, it also benefits working in low-light conditions with shorter shutter speeds.
- One hybrid aspherical element is featured in the optical design to control spherical aberrations for improved clarity and sharpness throughout the aperture range.
- An Ultra Multi-Coating has been applied to individual elements to minimise ghosting and flare for increased contrast and colour neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Manual focus operation permits working with subjects as close as 3.6' away and an internal focusing design maintains the overall lens length during use.
- The aperture ring de-click function allows the aperture ring not to be stopped at every f-stop in the way cine lenses do. This selectable function will allow brightness to be adjusted continuously and smoothly with much more details between stops.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- Weather-sealed design suits working in inclement weather conditions.
|Lens Mount||Canon EF|
|Angle of View||28.3°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||3.61' / 1.1 m|
|Optical Design||9 Elements in 7 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Focus Type||Manual Focus|
|Filter Size||72 mm (Front)|
|Dimensions (ø x L)||3.07 x 2.94" / 78 x 74.7 mm|
|Weight||1.2 lb / 547.5 g|