The Belkin NetCam HD+ monitoring camera allows you to view and record whatever's going on in your home or office right from your mobile device. Setup is very simple: just plug the camera into your wall outlet, wirelessly connect it to your internet service by Wi-Fi, and download the free NetCam App. NetCam HD+ captures video in up to 720p HD resolution in a wide-angle so you can get a large section of the room in the shot. It also captures sound via a built-in microphone. Everything captured can be recorded to your mobile device via the NetCam App.
The NetCam HD+ features a glass lens, which is the most refractive of all lens materials and provides a more vibrant image. The lens has four IR LEDs around it that enable it with night vision capability and allow it to capture clear images in total darkness. The night vision range is approximately 26 ft and images get captured in black-and-white. Night vision is useful if you want to cheque up on a child sleeping in another room or cheque up on dark rooms in general.
The camera also features a motion sensor and can be set up to send alerts to your mobile device whenever activity is detected in the room. The built-in microphone on the camera also allows communication with people in the room via a push-to-talk button. You can hear them when they press the push-to-talk button and they can hear you when you speak into your mobile device.
Via the NetCam App you can also choose to take snapshots from the captured video and save them as photo files. The NetCam App is compatible with Apple and Android mobile devices. The NetCam HD+ is also compatible with Belkin's large collection of WeMo products, sold separately. Used together, NetCam HD+ and WeMo can provide features such as triggers that turn on the lights when someone enters the room.
- View and record whatever's going on in your home or office right from your mobile device
- Quick and simple 3-step setup, including connecting to the Web by Wi-Fi
- Captures video in 720p HD resolution in a wide angle
- Captures sound via a built-in microphone
- Record everything to your mobile device via the NetCam App
- 26 ft of night vision in total darkness
- Sends you alerts whenever motion is detected in the room
- Push-to-talk button allows back-and-forth communication
- Take snapshots from captured video and save them as photo files
- Compatible with Apple and Android mobile devices
- Compatible with Belkin WeMo products for functions such as light triggers
|Image Sensor||2MP 1/3.2" CMOS sensor|
|Video Resolution||1280 x 720, 640 x 360, 320 x 180|
|Frame Rate||Up to 25 fps|
|Still Image Resolution||1280 x 720p|
|Focal Length||3.37 mm|
|Viewing Angle||Horizontal: 76°, Vertical: 57°, Diagonal: 95°|
|Microphone||Built-in, -38 dB ± 2 dB|
|Night Vision||26 ft (8 m) illumination distance |
4 IR LEDs, 850n m, IR-Cut
|Audio Compression||G.711, PCM|
|Frequency Band||802.11b/g/n; a Wi-Fi router with an Internet connection is required|
|Ambient Light Sensor||RoHS-compliant 560 nm luminance detector|
|System Compatibility||The free-download NetCam App works with Apple mobile devices with iOS 4.2 or higher, and with Android devices with version 2.2 or higher|