Shure ADX2/B87A Digital Handheld Wireless Microphone Transmitter with Beta 87A Capsule
- For Axient Digital Systems.
- Beta 87A Condenser Supercardioid Mic.
- ShowLink Remote Control.
- Automatic Gain Adjustment.
- 2/10/40mW RF Output Power.
Email me when stock arrives
- Product: #65795
- SKU: ADX2-BETA87A
The Shure ADX2/B87A Digital Handheld Wireless Microphone Transmitter with Beta 87A Capsule is a digital handheld wireless microphone transmitter compatible with Axient Digital series receivers. It is ShowLink-enabled for automatic interference avoidance and real-time remote control of parameters.
The ADX2/B87A comes equipped with the Beta 87A supercardioid condenser capsule designed to withstand extreme sound pressure levels, while still delivering a remarkably smooth frequency response for vocal performers and presenters. The capsule features a supercardioid polar pattern that offers excellent rejection of off-axis background noise, helping to reduce feedback.
The transmitter operates in a single 146 MHz ultrawide UHF bandwidth. It provides up to 9 hours of operation on an SB920 rechargeable battery, with a transmission range up to 330' and a selectable 2/10/40mW RF output power.
With a durable, moisture-resistant, lightweight aluminium case, the ADX2/B87A transmitter delivers pristine audio quality, mission-critical RF performance, AES 256-bit encryption for secure transmission, and advanced rechargeability options, making it ideal for high-profile, sound-reinforcement applications.
ShowLink Enabled for Interference Avoidance & Parameter Control
- ShowLink technology allows the ADX transmitter to execute an automatic, synchronised frequency change in a matter of milliseconds, ensuring clean, uninterrupted transmission, even in the most challenging RF environments.
- You can also make instantaneous remote adjustments to your ADX transmitter settings (RF output, gain, mute, and more) when it is difficult or impossible to access the transmitter.
Interchangeable Design with Beta 87A Capsule
- The Beta 87A supercardioid condenser capsule handles SPL levels up to 140 dB and offers a smooth frequency response with a gradual presence rise and controlled proximity effect tailored for vocals.
- The interchangeable capsule design allows you to replace the Beta 87A capsule with a Shure capsule that’s ideal for your application and simply screw it onto the transmitter—including KSM9, KSM8, SM58, VP68, Beta 87C capsules, and more.
User-Friendly Features in a Rugged Housing
- The unit quickly syncs with a wireless receiver via infrared at the touch of a button.
- Automatic Gain adjusts the mic input level for you.
- The power button conveniently doubles as mute switch, while preserving RF lock.
- Frequency and power lockout functions prevent accidental or unauthorised changes during events.
- A backlit LCD with easy-to-navigate menu and controls lets you quickly access frequency, group, and channel settings, along with mute and lock status, RF output, and remaining battery life.
- Offset function lets you balance mic levels when assigning multiple transmitters to a single receiver slot. Adjustment range: -12 to +21 dB.
- 2/10/40mW selectable RF output power allows you to increase either the transmitter's range or the number of mics operating simultaneously.
- Two transmission modes: Standard for optimal coverage and High-Density for maximum system channel count and robust coverage.
Convenient Power Management Options
- Operates for up to 9 hours on an SB920 rechargeable lithium-ion battery.
- Rechargeable battery offers intelligent power management with precision metering in hours and minutes, and zero memory effect.
- External charging contacts allow for docked battery charging.
- SBC220 two-bay and SBC840 eight-bay networked chargers (both available separately) allow for remote power monitoring via Shure’s Wireless Workbench software.
|Wireless Transmission||Digital UHF|
|RF Frequency Band||417 to 616 MHz|
|RF Bandwidth||146 MHz|
|Frequency Step Size||25 kHz|
|Max Operating Range||328.1' / 100 m (Line of Sight)|
|Latency||2 to 2.9 ms (Selectable)|
|RF Output Power||2 / 10 / 40 mW|
|Audio Input Level||145 dB|
|Gain Range||-12 to +21 dB (3 dB Steps)|
|Antenna||1 x Internal (Handheld)|
|Battery Type||1 x Rechargeable (Included, Replaceable)|
|Approx. Battery Life||Moed.:
9 Hours (Lithium)
|Display & Indicators||1 x LCD (Battery Status, Channel, Group, Signal Strength)|
|Operating Temperature||0 to 122°F / -17 to 50°C|
|Storage Temperature||-20 to 165°F / -28 to 73°C|
|Dimensions||2 x 10" / 51 x 254 mm|
|Weight||11.9 oz / 338 g (without Batteries)|
|Form Factor||Handheld Capsule|
|Frequency Range||50 Hz to 20 kHz|
|Maximum SPL||140.5 dB SPL|
|Dynamic Range||117 dB|