Shure ADX2FD/B58 Digital Handheld Wireless Microphone Transmitter with Beta 58A Capsule
- For Axient Digital Systems.
- Beta 58A Dynamic Supercardioid Mic.
- Frequency Diversity & ShowLink Control.
- Automatic Gain Adjustment.
- 2/10/50mW RF Output Power.
Email me when stock arrives
- Product: #66176
- SKU: ADX2FD-B58
The Shure ADX2FD/B58 Digital Handheld Wireless Microphone Transmitter with Beta 58A Capsule is a digital handheld wireless microphone transmitter compatible with Axient Digital series receivers. It is ShowLink-enabled for automatic interference avoidance and real-time remote control of parameters. The transmitter also features Frequency Diversity for seamless audio in even the most challenging RF environments.
The ADX2FD/B58 comes equipped with a Beta 58A dynamic capsule designed for close-up vocals, with brightened midrange and bass roll-off to control proximity effect. The capsule features a supercardioid polar pattern that ensures high gain before feedback, maximum isolation from other sound sources, and minimum off-axis tone colouration.
The transmitter operates in a single 146 MHz ultrawide UHF bandwidth. It provides up to 9 hours of operation on an SB920 rechargeable battery, with a transmission range up to 330' and a selectable 2/10/50mW RF output power.
With a durable, moisture-resistant, lightweight aluminium case, the ADX2FD/B58 transmitter delivers pristine audio quality, AES 256-bit encryption for secure transmission, and advanced rechargeability options, making it ideal for high-profile, sound-reinforcement applications.
Frequency Diversity for Mission-Critical Applications
- Frequency Diversity enables simultaneous transmission on two independent frequencies to ensure seamless, uninterrupted audio.
- Single-carrier mode is available if Frequency Diversity is not required.
- Switchable RF Power Levels: 2/10/50mW (single-carrier mode) & 2 x 2/10/20mW (Frequency Diversity mode).
ShowLink Enabled for Interference Avoidance & Parameter Control
- ShowLink technology allows the ADX transmitter to execute an automatic, synchronised frequency change in a matter of milliseconds, ensuring clean, uninterrupted transmission, even in the most challenging RF environments.
- You can also make instantaneous remote adjustments to your ADX transmitter settings (RF output, gain, mute, and more) when it is difficult or impossible to access the transmitter.
Interchangeable Design with Beta 58A Capsule
- The Beta 58A features a neodymium magnet for high signal-to-noise output.
- The hardened steel-mesh grille resists wear and abuse.
- The interchangeable capsule design allows you to replace the Beta 58A capsule with a Shure capsule that’s ideal for your application and simply screw it onto the transmitter—including KSM9, KSM8, SM58, Beta 87A, Beta 87C capsules, and more.
User-Friendly Features in a Rugged Housing
- The unit quickly syncs with a wireless receiver via infrared at the touch of a button.
- Automatic Gain adjusts the mic input level for you.
- The power button conveniently doubles as mute switch, while preserving RF lock.
- Frequency and power lockout functions prevent accidental or unauthorised changes during events.
- A backlit LCD with easy-to-navigate menu and controls lets you quickly access frequency, group, and channel settings, along with mute and lock status, RF output, and remaining battery life.
- Offset function lets you balance mic levels when assigning multiple transmitters to a single receiver slot. Adjustment range: -12 to +21 dB.
- Two transmission modes: Standard for optimal coverage and High-Density for maximum system channel count and robust coverage.
Convenient Power Management Options
- Operates for up to 9 hours in single-carrier mode at 10mW on an SB920 rechargeable lithium-ion battery.
- Runs up to 6.5 hours in Frequency Diversity mode at 10mW x 10mW and up to 5 hours in single-carrier, high-power mode at 50mW.
- Rechargeable battery offers intelligent power management with precision metering in hours and minutes, and zero memory effect.
- External charging contacts allow for docked battery charging.
- SBC220 two-bay and SBC840 eight-bay networked chargers (both available separately) allow for remote power monitoring via Shure’s Wireless Workbench software.
|Wireless Transmission||Digital UHF|
|RF Frequency Band||417 to 616 MHz|
|RF Bandwidth||146 MHz|
|Frequency Step Size||25 kHz|
|Max Operating Range||328.1' / 100 m (Line of Sight)|
|Latency||2 to 2.9 ms (Selectable)|
|RF Output Power||2 / 10 / 20 / 50 mW (Switchable)|
|Audio Input Level||145 dB|
|Gain Range||-12 to +21 dB (3 dB Steps)|
|Antenna||1 x Internal (Handheld)|
|Battery Type||1 x Rechargeable (Included, Replaceable)|
|Approx. Battery Life||Moed.:
9 Hours (Lithium)
5 Hours (Lithium)
|Display & Indicators||1 x LCD (Battery Status, Channel, Group, Signal Strength)|
|Operating Temperature||0 to 122°F / -17 to 50°C|
|Storage Temperature||-20 to 165°F / -28 to 73°C|
|Dimensions||2 x 10" / 51 x 254 mm|
|Weight||11.9 oz / 338 g (without Batteries)|
|Form Factor||Handheld Capsule|
|Frequency Range||50 Hz to 16 kHz|
|Maximum SPL||140.5 dB SPL|