Sigma 105mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens for Sony E
- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format.
- Aperture Range: f/1.4 to f/16.
- Three FLD Elements, Two SLD Elements.
- One Aspherical Element.
- Super Multi-Layer Coating.
Email me when stock arrives
- Product: #61463
- SKU: 4259965
With a no-holds-barred approach to design, the Sigma 105mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens for Sony E is a short-telephoto, portrait-length prime distinguished by its bright maximum aperture and advanced optical layout. The fast f/1.4 design greatly benefits working in low-light conditions and also affords extensive control over depth of field for isolating subjects and working with selective focus. As part of the Art line of lenses, this lens is also designed for high-resolution rendering and utilizes FLD and SLD glass to control chromatic aberrations and colour fringing for notable clarity. A Super Multi-Layer Coating also enhances image quality by suppressing lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast and colour fidelity in strong lighting conditions. Additionally, a rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
Complementing the imaging capabilities, the lens sports a Hyper Sonic Motor to produce quick, smooth, and quiet autofocus performance with full-time manual focus override. The physical design utilizes Thermally Stable Composite material for durability in a wide range of environments, and a brass bayonet mount also offers rigidity and mounting precision. For working atop a tripod, a removable tripod collar is also included and features an Arca-type compatible foot for wide mounting compatibility.
- As part of the Art line within Sigma's Global Vision series, this lens is designed to achieve truly notable optical performance and is ideally suited for creative and artistic applications.
- Short-telephoto prime, this 105mm f/1.4 lens is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, however, can also be used with APS-C models where it will provide a 157.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Impressively bright f/1.4 maximum aperture is well-suited for working in low-light conditions and also provides greater control over the focus position when using shallow depth of field techniques.
- Three F Low Dispersion (FLD) and two Special Low Dispersion (SLD) elements are featured in the optical design and help to reduce colour fringing and chromatic aberrations for improved clarity and colour accuracy.
- One aspherical element is used to help limit distortion and spherical aberrations and also contributes to greater overall sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Large 105mm-diameter front contributes to improved peripheral illumination in order to reduce vignetting.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimise lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and colour-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- Nine-blade rounded diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- The integrated HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) realises quick and quiet autofocusing, which is further complemented by an optimised AF algorithm to produce smoother focusing performance. The HSM also permits full-time manual focus control simply by rotating the focus ring at any time.
- The lens is constructed using a Thermally Stable Composite (TSC) material, along with traditional metals, for greater precision and use in wide temperature variations.
- The bayonet mount is constructed from brass for ensured accuracy and durability. Additionally, rubber sealing is incorporated in the mount design to render it dust- and splash-resistant.
- Protective coating has been applied to the front element and is both water and oil-repellent to aid in cleaning.
- Included rotating tripod collar features an Arca-type compatible foot for seamless use atop a tripod or monopod. This collar can also be removed from the lens, and a protective cover takes its place, for more comfortable handheld use.
- Lens hood is constructed from a carbon fibre reinforced plastic to remain lightweight yet exceptionally durable.
|Lens Mount||Sony E|
|Angle of View||23.3°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||3.28' / 1 m|
|Optical Design||17 Elements in 12 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Tripod Collar||Removable and Rotating|
|Filter Size||105 mm (Front)|
|Dimensions (ø x L)||4.6 x 5.2" / 115.9 x 131.5 mm|
|Weight||3.6 lb / 1.6 kg|