Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG DN Art Lens for Leica L
- Leica L Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.4 to f/16
- Super Multi-Layer Coating
- Stepping Motor AF System
- Customisable AFL Button
Email me when stock arrives
- Product: #86468
- SKU: 303969
A classic wide angle lens updated for full-frame Leica L-mount mirrorless systems, the 35mm f/1.4 DG DN from Sigma is an Art-series prime characterised by its advanced and updated optical design, sleek profile, and bright design. The f/1.4 maximum aperture enables working in low-light conditions and also provides increased control over depth of field for achieving shallow depth of field effects. The optical layout incorporates a series of low dispersion, aspherical, and high refractive index elements and its large diameter design achieves a notable degree of clarity and sharpness with well-controlled distortion and aberrations. Also, a Super Multi-Layer Coating enhances image quality by suppressing lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast and colour fidelity in strong lighting conditions.
Balancing the optics is a refined exterior design, which features a physical aperture ring, which can be de-clicked or locked, along with a dedicated focus mode switch and AFL button for intuitive and tactile control. For autofocus, a stepping motor is used that maintains a lightweight and compact design while promoting fast and near silent focusing performance for both stills and video applications. Additionally, the lens features an 11-blade rounded diaphragm for smooth bokeh quality and the lens housing is also weather-sealed to suit working in inclement conditions.
- As part of the Art line within Sigma's Global Vision series, this lens is designed to achieve truly notable optical performance and is ideally suited for creative and artistic applications.
- Wide-angle lens is designed for full-frame Leica L-mount mirrorless cameras but can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 52.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.4 maximum aperture is particularly well-suited for working in available light conditions and provides extensive control over depth of field for isolating subject matter with selective focus.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimise lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and colour-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- Integrated stepping motor realises quick and quiet autofocus, which is further complemented by an optimised AF algorithm to produce smoother focusing performance.
- Manual aperture ring can be de-clicked for smooth, silent aperture switching to benefit video applications. Additionally, a dedicated aperture ring lock switch can also be employed to prevent accidental shifting of the aperture setting.
- Built-in Autofocus-Lock (AFL) button which can be assigned additional functions widens the range of operations available on the lens.
- Rounded eleven-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- Weather-resistant construction with a brass bayonet that affords improved mounting accuracy and rigidity.
|Lens Mount||Leica L|
|Angle of View||63.4°|
|Diaphragm Blades||11, Rounded|
|Filter Size||67 mm (Front)|
|Dimensions (ø x L)||3 x 4.3" / 75.5 x 109.5 mm|
|Weight||1.4 lb / 645 g|