Sigma 40mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens for Canon EF
- EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format.
- Aperture Range: f/1.4 to f/16.
- Three FLD Elements, Three SLD Elements.
- One Aspherical Element.
- Super Multi-Layer Coating.
Email me when stock arrives
- Product: #61482
- SKU: 4332954
Designed within the rigorous tolerances of a cine lens, the Sigma 40mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens for Canon EF is a wide normal-length lens characterised by a bright design and sophisticated optical layout. The fast f/1.4 maximum aperture helps to achieve shallow depth of field and selective focus effects, and also suits working in difficult lighting conditions. The optical design incorporates a series of low dispersion and aspherical elements, which help to improve sharpness and clarity by controlling both spherical and chromatic aberrations. A Super Multi-Layer Coating is also featured and helps to minimise flare and ghosting for greater contrast and colour accuracy when working in strong lighting conditions.
Complementing the imaging capabilities, the lens sports a Hyper Sonic Motor to produce quick, smooth, and quiet autofocus performance with full-time manual focus override. The physical design features a brass bayonet mount, which offers rigidity and mounting precision along with a seal to guard against dust and moisture. Additionally, a rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- As part of the Art line within Sigma's Global Vision series, this lens is designed to achieve truly notable optical performance and is ideally suited for creative and artistic applications.
- Short-normal prime is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount cameras, however, is also suitable for APS-C models where it provides a 64mm equivalent focal length.
- Impressively bright f/1.4 maximum aperture is well-suited for working in low-light conditions and also provides greater control over the focus position when using shallow depth of field techniques.
- Three F Low Dispersion (FLD) and three Special Low Dispersion (SLD) elements are featured in the optical design and help to reduce colour fringing and chromatic aberrations for improved clarity and colour accuracy.
- One aspherical element is used to help limit distortion and spherical aberrations and also contributes to greater overall sharpness and accurate rendering.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimise lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and colour-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- The integrated HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) realises quick and quiet autofocusing, which is further complemented by an optimised AF algorithm to produce smoother focusing performance. The HSM also permits full-time manual focus control simply by rotating the focus ring at any time.
- Specialised electromagnetic aperture mechanism provides greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with fast continuous shooting rates.
- The bayonet mount is constructed from brass for ensured accuracy and durability. Additionally, rubber sealing is incorporated in the mount design to render it dust- and splash-resistant.
- Protective coating has been applied to the front element and is both water and oil-repellent to aid in cleaning.
- This lens is compatible with the optional Sigma USB Dock for fine-tuning different lens characteristics and updating its firmware.
|Lens Mount||Canon EF|
|Angle of View||56.8°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||1.31' / 40 cm|
|Optical Design||16 Elements in 12 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Filter Size||82 mm (Front)|
|Dimensions (ø x L)||3.5 x 5.157" / 87.8 x 131 mm|
|Weight||2.6 lb / 1.2 kg|