Sigma 8-16mm f/4.5-5.6 DC HSM Ultra-Wide Zoom Lens for Pentax SLRs
- For APS-C Format Digital SLR Cameras
- Equiv. to Aproxx. 12-24mm in 35mm Format
- 75.5-114° Angle of View
- 24cm Minimum Focus Distance
- Well Corrected for Distortions
Email me when stock arrives
The Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM is an ultra-wide zoom that has a 35mm equivalent angle of view of a 12-24mm lens when used on DSLRs with APS-C size image sensors. Sigma's FLD glass elements, equal to fluorite glass, correct for distortions and colour aberrations to deliver beautiful high contrast images.
The lens has a minimum focusing distance of 24cm allowing you to get in close to a subject to create exaggerated perspectives. This super wide angle zoom is perfect for shooting landscape photography, architecture, building interiors, photojournalism, wedding photography, group pictures and a wide variety of other shooting opportunities you may encounter.
For a chart of compatible cameras click here
Note: Due to the curved shape of the front element, filters cannot be attached to this lens.
- This is a DC series lens designed exclusively for use with Canon EOS DSLRs with APS-C size sensors.
- The lens features FLD glass elements with performance equal to fluorite glass to compensate for colour aberration.
- The Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting while superior peripheral brightness ensures high contrast images throughout the entire zoom range.
- One hybrid aspherical lens and two glass mould elements give excellent correction for distortion and astigmatism.
- It produces images with exaggerated perspective with its wide angle view.
- The HSM (Hyper-Sonic Motor) ensures quiet and high-speed AF as well as full-time manual focus capabilities.
|Focal Length||8 - 16mm|
|Aperture||Maximum: f/4.5 - 5.6
|Camera Mount Type||Canon EF-S|
|Format Compatibility||Canon (APS-C)|
|Angle of View||114.5° - 75.7°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||23.88 cm|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:8|
|Optical Design||15 Elements in 11 Groups|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 7.62 x 10.67 cm|