- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.4 to f/16
- Five SLD Elements
- One Aspherical Element, Four HR Elements
- Super Multi-Layer Coating
- Product: #75896
- SKU: 322965
A classic portrait-length lens updated for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless systems, the Sigma 85mm f/1.4 DG DN Art Lens for Sony E is an Art-series prime characterised by its advanced and updated optical design, sleek profile, and bright design. The f/1.4 maximum aperture enables working in low-light conditions and also provides increased control over depth of field for achieving shallow depth of field effects. The optical layout incorporates a series of low dispersion, aspherical, and high refractive index elements and its large diameter design achieves a notable degree of clarity and sharpness with well-controlled distortion and aberrations. Also, a Super Multi-Layer Coating enhances image quality by suppressing lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast and colour fidelity in strong lighting conditions.
Balancing the optics is a refined exterior design, which features a physical aperture ring, which can be de-clicked or locked, along with a dedicated focus mode switch and AFL button for intuitive and tactile control. For autofocus, a stepping motor is used that maintains a lightweight and compact design while promoting fast and near-silent focusing performance for both stills and video applications. Additionally, the lens features an 11-blade rounded diaphragm for smooth bokeh quality and the lens housing is also weather-sealed to suit working in inclement conditions.
- As part of the Art line within Sigma's Global Vision series, this lens is designed to achieve truly notable optical performance and is ideally suited for creative and artistic applications.
- Portrait-length lens is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras but can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 127.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.4 maximum aperture is particularly well-suited for working in available light conditions and provides extensive control over depth of field for isolating subject matter with selective focus.
- Five Special Low Dispersion (SLD) elements markedly reduce chromatic aberrations and colour fringing for improved clarity and colour accuracy.
- One aspherical element and four high refractive index glass elements control spherical aberrations and distortion for increased sharpness and accurate rendering.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimise lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and colour-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- Integrated stepping motor realises quick and quiet autofocus, which is further complemented by an optimised AF algorithm to produce smoother focusing performance.
- Manual aperture ring can be de-clicked for smooth, silent aperture switching to benefit video applications. Additionally, a dedicated aperture ring lock switch can also be employed to prevent accidental shifting of the aperture setting.
- Built-in Autofocus-Lock (AFL) button which can be assigned additional functions widens the range of operations available on the lens.
- Rounded eleven-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- Weather-resistant construction with a brass bayonet that affords improved mounting accuracy and rigidity.
|Lens Mount||Sony E|
|Angle of View||28.6°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||2.79' / 85 cm|
|Optical Design||15 Elements in 11 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||11, Rounded|
|Filter Size||77 mm (Front)|
|Dimensions (ø x L)||3.26 x 3.78" / 82.8 x 96.1 mm|
|Weight||1.38 lb / 625 g|