Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 VII Digital Camera
- 20.1MP 1" Exmor RS BSI CMOS Sensor
- BIONZ X Image Processor & Front-End LSI
- ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* f/2.8-4.5 Lens
- 24-200mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Up to 20-fps Blackout-Free Shooting
- Product: #62263
- SKU: DSC-RX100M7
Utilising technologies developed for Sony’s full-frame mirrorless camera Alpha 9, the Sony RX100 VII achieves new levels of performance in a compact camera, in both stills and movie shooting, inspiring the user to feel confident that they are armed with professional-level power in their pocket for spontaneous shooting in everyday life.
The RX100 VII is powered by a newly developed 1.0-type stacked Exmor RS CMOS image sensor and the latest generation BIONZ X image processor. This combination delivers new levels of autofocus performance and achieves speed breakthroughs that have previously only been seen on the Alpha 9. Flexibility of shooting is ensured by a ZEISS® Vario-Sonnar T* 24-200mm F2.8-4.5 high magnification zoom lens, making the RX100 VII a versatile choice for all types of shooting scenarios and users, from photo enthusiasts to professionals.
The RX100 VII offers a world leading 357 focal-plane phase-detection AF points and 425 contrast-detection AF points. In addition, thanks to a newly optimised lens drive control, world’s fastest 0.02 sec AF acquisition time is realised. A major leap in AF/AE tracking performance during continuous shooting means the camera performs AF/AE calculations up to 60 times per second and captures fast moving action at 20fps with AF/AE tracking, ensuring that each moment is shot with swift and accurate focus.
In addition, the image sensor realises blackout-free shooting for a completely live view, even when continuous shooting at 20fps; the same experience as the Alpha 9. The RX100 VII also debuts a new drive mode, Single Burst Shooting, for capturing the perfect high-speed shot at up to 90fps in JPEG/RAW format utilising the anti-distortion shutter. ‘Single Burst Shooting’ allows the photographer to frame fast moving action and shoot as if taking a single shot but the camera will actually deliver seven still images, taken at 90fps, 60fps or 30fps, so the user can select the perfect moment.
For the first time in a compact camera, the RX100 VII introduces advanced ‘Real-time Tracking’ and ‘Real-time Eye AF’ capabilities. ‘Real-time Tracking’ utilises Sony’s latest algorithm including artificial intelligence-based object recognition to ensure that subjects can be captured with excellent accuracy, even via the touch panel on the rear screen. ‘Real-time Eye AF’, the latest version of Sony’s acclaimed Eye AF technology, employs AI-based object recognition to detect and process eye data in real time, resulting in improved accuracy, speed and tracking performance of Eye AF for both humans and animals, and allows the photographer to concentrate exclusively on composition.
The RX100 VII is perfect for the advanced vlogger who can utilise the 180-degree flip up screen, and with the addition of the microphone jack, capture superior audio. To make it the ultimate vlogging kit, the Shooting Grip (VCT-SGR1), which allows for easy recording and zooming right at your fingertips, can also be purchased.
- Anti-Distortion electronic shutter can enable completely silent shooting as well as the ability to work at shutter speeds as fast as 1/32000 second. This shutter also keeps rolling shutter effects to an absolute minimum and enables photographers to work in bright light with wider apertures.
- The Fn menu can be accessed and edited immediately after continuous shooting, while data writing is still in progress.
- File name setting allows users to change the first three characters of the file name from DSC to three characters of their choice. Additionally, images shot in continuous mode can also be displayed, reviewed, and deleted in the groups they were shot for faster operation.
- Step Zoom lets you quickly change between five common focal lengths (24, 28, 35, 50, or 70mm) by rotating the control ring.
- Users can set a minimum shutter speed when using ISO AUTO to help minimise shutter blur.
- Creative Style settings: Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Clear, Deep, Light, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Autumn Leaves, Black & White, Sepia, and Style Box.
- Picture Effect modes: Toy Camera, Pop Colour, Posterization, Retro Photo, Soft High-Key, Partial Colour, High Contrast Mono, Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Richtone Monochrome, Miniature, Watercolour, and Illustration.
- Picture Profile parameters: Black Level, Gamma (Movie, Still, Cine1-2, ITU709, ITU709 [800%], S-Log2, S-Log3, HLG, HLG1, HLG2, HLG3), Black Gamma, Knee, Colour Mode, Saturation, Colour Depth, Colour Phase, Detail, Copy and Reset.
|Maximum Resolution||5472 x 3648|
|Aspect Ratio||1:1, 3:2, 4:3, 16:9|
|Image File Format||JPEG, RAW|
|Image Stabilisation||Digital, Optical|
|Focal Length||9 to 72mm (35mm Equivalent Focal Length: 24 to 200mm)|
|Digital Zoom||4x Maximum (32x Combined Zoom)
2x Optimised (16x Combined Zoom)
|Maximum Aperture||f/2.8 to 4.5|
|Focus Range||3.15" to Infinity / 8 cm to Infinity (Wide)
3.28' to Infinity / 1 m to Infinity (Telephoto)
|Optical Design||15 Elements in 12 Groups|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 100 to 12800 (Extended: 64 to 25600)|
|Shutter Speed||Mechanical Shutter
1/2000 to 30 Second
1/2000 to 4 Second in Auto Mode
1/32000 to 30 Second
1/32000 to 4 Second in Auto Mode
|Metering Method||Average, Centre-Weighted Average, Multi, Spot|
|Exposure Modes||Aperture Priority, Manual, Programme, Shutter Priority|
|Exposure Compensation||-3 to +3 EV (1/3 EV Steps)|
|White Balance||Auto, Cloudy, Colour Temperature, Custom, Daylight, Flash, Fluorescent (Cool White), Fluorescent (Day White), Fluorescent (Daylight), Fluorescent (Warm White), Incandescent, Shade, Underwater|
|Continuous Shooting||Up to 20 fps at 20.1 MP
Up to 90 fps at 20.1 MP for up to 7 Exposures
|Recording Modes||MP4/XAVC S
UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 23.976p/25p/29.97p [60 to 100 Mb/s]
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 23.976p/25p/29.97p/50p/59.94p/100p/120p [16 to 100 Mb/s]
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 50i/59.94i [17 to 24 Mb/s]
|Audio Recording||Built-In Microphone (Stereo)
External Microphone Input (Stereo)
|Audio File Format||AC3, Linear PCM (Stereo)|
|Viewfinder and Monitor|
|Viewfinder Type||Electronic (OLED)|
|Viewfinder Resolution||2,359,296 Dot|
|Viewfinder Magnification||Approx. 0.59x|
|Dioptre Adjustment||-4 to +3|
|Monitor Resolution||921,600 Dot|
|Monitor Type||Tilting Touchscreen LCD|
|Flash Modes||Auto, Flash On, Off, Rear Sync, Slow Sync|
|Effective Flash Range||ISO Auto
1.31 to 19.36' / 0.4 to 5.9 m (Wide)
3.28 to 10.17' / 1 to 3.1 m (Telephoto)
|External Flash Connection||None|
|Memory Card Slot||1 x SD/SDHC/SDXC/Memory Stick Duo/Memory Stick PRO HG-Duo/Memory Stick Pro Duo|
|Connectivity||3.5mm Microphone, HDMI D (Micro), USB 2.0 Micro-B|
|Operating Temperature||32 to 104°F / 0 to 40°C|
|Battery||1 x NP-BX1 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion, 3.6 VDC, 1240 mAh (Approx. 240 Shots)|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||4 x 2.29 x 1.69" / 101.6 x 58.1 x 42.8 mm|
|Weight||10.65 oz / 302 g|