- Sony E-Mount/Full-Frame
- Aperture: f/4 to f/22
- 4 Aspherical Elements, 3 ED Elements
- Nano AR and Fluorine Coatings
From 24mm to 105mm at F4 aperture throughout the zoom, this high-performance G Lens offers a consistently high image quality. While offering outstanding optical performance, it also features compact, lightweight design for portability and mobility befitting the E-mount system.
Advanced optics achieve consistently high corner-to-corner resolution. Four aspherical elements effectively reduce aberration, while ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements minimize chromatic aberration. A circular aperture and carefully controlled spherical aberration shape add expressive potential with beautiful, smooth background bokeh and natural highlights that complement outstanding in-focus sharpness and clarity.
Excellent optical performance and a high zoom ratio are packed into a compact, lightweight only 663 grams (23.4 oz.). The compact lightweight design extend to E-mount bodies for outstanding system mobility and handling ease. This one high-performance lens lets you shoot a wide range of subjects and situations. A minimum focus distance of 0.38 meters (1.25ft.) and built-in optical image stabilization further enhance all-around versatility.
A bright constant F4 maximum aperture throughout the zoom range keeps the brightness even when focal length is changed. Sony’s Direct Drive SSM (DDSSM) AF drive system offers fast, precise, quiet focusing. And a precision optical design minimizes focus breathing. All of this makes the FE 24-105mm F4 G OSS an excellent choice for both stills and movies.
A fluorine coating on the front element prevents contaminants such as oils, grime, and water from sticking to the front of the lens, and makes them easier to remove if they do become attached to the lens surface. A dust and moisture resistant design2 and customizable focus hold button further contribute to professional operability and reliability.
- Covering a versatile wide-angle to short-telephoto range, this 24-105mm lens is designed for full-frame E-mount mirrorless cameras, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 36-157.5mm equivalent focal length range.
- A constant f/4 maximum aperture offers consistent performance throughout the zoom range and also lends greater control over focus position for shallow depth of field techniques.
- Four aspherical elements are featured in the optical design and two of which are designated as Advanced Aspherical elements to noticeably reduce spherical aberrations and distortion throughout the zoom range for improved sharpness and clarity.
- Three extra-low dispersion elements are also used to minimise colour fringing and chromatic aberrations for greater colour accuracy.
- A Nano AR Coating has been applied to reduce surface reflections, flare, and ghosting for increased contrast and colour rendering in strong lighting conditions.
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilisation helps to minimise the appearance of camera shake for sharper imagery when shooting handheld with slower shutter speeds. This stabilisation system can also be combined with select camera's sensor-shift type image stabilisation for more effective control of camera blur.
- A Direct Drive Super Sonic wave AF motor and internal focus mechanism provide quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance and also contribute to more natural, intuitive manual focus control.
- A focus hold button and AF/MF switch are present on the lens barrel for intuitive tactile control and rapid access to select settings.
- A dust- and moisture-sealed design better permits working in inclement conditions and rubberised control rings benefit handling in colder temperatures.
- The front lens element features a fluorine coating to protect against smudges and dust from adhering to the glass surface.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
|Focal Length||24 - 105mm|
|Camera Mount Type||Sony E|
|Format Compatibility||35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor|
|Angle of View||84° - 23°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||38 cm|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:3.2|
|Elements/Groups||17 / 14|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Filter Thread||Front: 77 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 83.4 x 113.3 mm|