Tamron SP 45mm f/1.8 Di VC USD Lens for Canon EF
- Canon EF Mount/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 to f/16
- One LD Element, Two Aspherical Elements
- eBAND and BBAR Coatings
- Fluorine Coating on Front Element
Email me when stock arrives
- Product: #29468
- SKU: AFF013C700
Slightly wider than the venerable 50mm standard focal length, the Canon EF mount SP 45mm f/1.8 Di VC USD from Tamron presents a unique perspective and pairs it with a sophisticated optical layout and VC image stabilisation for enhanced image quality. One Low Dispersion element and two aspherical elements help to control a variety of aberrations and distortions for consistent and even illumination and sharpness, as well as reduced colour fringing, and eBAND and BBAR coatings work to suppress flare and ghosting for increased contrast and colour fidelity.
Complementing the imaging capabilities, this 45mm f/1.8 lens is also characterised by a ring-type USD motor, which provides quick, quiet autofocus performance with full-time manual focus capabilities. An inner focusing design and Floating System are also used, and aid in achieving a minimum focusing distance of 29 cm with a maximum magnification of 1:3.4. The lens' construction is also notable in its inclusion of various seals to protect against moisture, as well as a fluorine-coated front element to guard against fingerprints, smudging, and water.
- A normal-length prime, this 45mm lens is designed for full-frame Canon EF mount DSLRs, and is also compatible with APS-C models where it will provide a 72mm equivalent focal length.
- Fast f/1.8 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions and also avails selective focus control.
- One LD (Low Dispersion) element helps to minimise chromatic aberrations in order to achieve greater clarity with reduced colour fringing.
- Two aspherical elements correct for spherical and comatic aberrations, as well as distortion, for consistent edge-to-edge sharpness and illumination throughout the aperture range, as well as a reduction of sagittal comatic flare.
- eBAND (Extended Bandwidth & Angular-Dependency) and BBAR (Broad-Band Anti-Reflection) coatings have been applied to lens elements to reduce surface reflections and prevent lens flare and ghosting for increased contrast and colour accuracy.
- VC (Vibration Compensation) image stabilisation is incorporated into the lens' design to minimise the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting in low-light conditions.
- Ring-type USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive) motor is employed for fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance that benefits both stills and video recording. This motor also enables full-time manual focus control without having to shift into a dedicated MF mode.
- A Floating System is employed that moves a single group of elements to control focus in order to provide faster AF response as well as a minimum focusing distance of 29 cm and maximum magnification ratio of 1:3.4 for enhanced close-up shooting.
- Moisture-resistant construction incorporates seals around the lens mount and other areas to benefit working in inclement conditions. Additionally, a fluorine coating has been applied to the front lens element to repel water, fingerprints, and smudges for easier cleaning of the lens surface.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm produces a pleasing out-of-focus quality when working with shallow depth of field techniques.
- SILKYPIX Developer Studio 4.0 for Tamron software is included with the lens, which, aside from enabling basic raw processing and image adjustments, works to specifically correct for various aberrations, including colour fringing, distortion, and peripheral light fall-off, using dedicated optical data from Tamron's SP-series of lenses.
|Camera Mount Type||Canon EF|
|Format Compatibility||35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor
|Angle of View||52° 21'|
|Minimum Focus Distance||29 cm|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:3.4|
|Optical Design||10 Elements in 8 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Filter Thread||Front: 67 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 80.4 x 91.4 mm|