The Tiffen 4x4 inch Pro-Mist F/X 1/8 glass filter is a soft focus filter. The Pro-Mist filter is exceptional for creating a special mood.
Outdoors or indoors, in broad scenics or portraits, the Pro-Mist is excellent for toning down excessive sharpness and reducing contract by moderately lightening shadow areas without detracting from the overall image. This is especially useful given the contrast and extremely sharp resolution produced by contemporary film and video lenses.
Pro-Mist filters give your portraits that extra edge of professionalism. The various grades allow you to soften contrast to whatever degree you feel your subject requires.
Note! Pro-Mist F/X filters are available in grades from one-half through five, with grade 5 having the greatest effect; Effect of lighter grades is subtle, with higher grades becoming gradually more noticeable.
- Creates a special atmosphere by softening excess sharpness and contrast
- Generates a pearlescent halo around highlights
- Lighter grades are useful in toning down the excessive sharpness and contrast of contemporary film and lens combinations
- Tiffen filters are manufactured using ColorCore technology, a closely guarded proprietary process that entails permanently laminating the filter material in between two pieces of optical glass that are ground flat to tolerances of a ten-thousandth of an inch, then mounting them in precision metal rings
- The ColorCore process allows Tiffen to control the color and density of their filters, and the characteristics of special effects filters with much greater accuracy than typical dyed-in-the-mass filters, which usually exhibit color and density variations
- Top Hollywood motion picture studios rely on Tiffen filters for their multimillion-dollar productions Superior quality and design make Tiffen the overwhelming choice of moviemakers, professional photographers and even NASA
- Tiffen has also been awarded an Emmy, from the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, for its engineering excellence