Tiffen 4 x 5.65" Soft/FX 1/4 Filter
- Soft-Focus Effect
- Reduces Subject Blemishes and Wrinkles
- Maintains Overall Sharpness
- 4mm-Thick Optical Glass Construction
- ColorCore Technology
Email me when stock arrives
- Product: #66164
- SKU: 45650SFX14
The Tiffen 4 x 5.65" Soft/FX 1/4 Filter can be applied to purposely reduce the appearance of blemishes and wrinkles in portraits or to apply a general soft-focus effect while maintaining overall sharpness. An array of small lenses distributed within the surface of this filter smooths fine lines and textures, which can be useful for creating a more flattering result of a subject.
This filter has a grade of 1/4. Grades of 1/8, 1/2, 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 are also available where this filter type's effect becomes approximately twice as strong with each grade number increase. When higher grade numbers are applied, a halation effect around highlights can be created to further enhance a subject's appearance or produce a desired effect.
This filter is constructed from optical glass for clarity as well as color fidelity and is compatible with filter holders that can accommodate 4mm-thick, 4 x 5.65" rectangular filters. It is made using ColorCore technology, a process that involves laminating the filter substrate between two pieces of optical glass and grinding flat to a tolerance of 1/10,000th of an inch.
- General soft-focus effect while maintaining overall sharpness
- Reduces the appearance of blemishes and wrinkles
- Provides a smoother appearance of fine lines and textures
- Constructed from optical glass for clarity and color fidelity
- Padded pouch included for storage and transport
|Filter Factor/Density||0.24 (0.8 Stop)|
|Type||Diffusion, Soft Focus|
|Rectangular Size||4 x 5.65" / 101.6 x 143.5 mm|
|Filter Thickness||0.2" / 4 mm|