Tiffen 52mm Black Pro-Mist 1/8 Filter
- Reduces Highlights and Lowers Contrast.
- Softens Wrinkles and Blemishes.
- Creates a Soft Quality of Light.
- ColorCore Technology.
Email me when stock arrives
The Tiffen 52mm Black Pro-Mist 1/8 Filter helps to reduce the value of the highlights while slightly lowering the overall contrast. This filter is especially useful for smoothing out and softening facial wrinkles and other blemishes. While designed for use with movies, this filter can also be used for fashion and beauty applications. Unlike a traditional diffusion or soft focus filter, Pro-Mist filters provide little loss of detail across the image. The 1/8 density provides less contrast and highlight reduction than the 1/4, while still allowing for a soft, pastel-like quality of light.
Tiffen filters are made using ColorCore technology, a process that involves laminating the filter substrate between 2 pieces of optical glass, grinding flat to a tolerance of 1/10,000th of an inch, and then mounting to precision metal rings.
- Pro-Mist filters provide little loss of detail across the image compared to traditional diffusion and soft focus filters.
- Especially useful for smoothing out and softening facial wrinkles and other blemishes.
|Filter Factor/Density||0.18 (0.6 Stop)|
|Circular Size||52 mm|
|Front Accessory Thread / Bayonet||52 mm|