Tiffen 72mm Soft/FX 1 Filter
- Soft-Focus Effect
- Reduces Subject Blemishes and Wrinkles
- Maintains Overall Sharpness
- Optical Glass Construction
- ColorCore Technology
Email me when stock arrives
- Product: #66224
- SKU: 72SFX1
The Tiffen 72mm Soft/FX 1 Filter can be applied to purposely reduce the appearance of blemishes and wrinkles in portraits or to apply a general soft-focus effect while maintaining overall sharpness. An array of small lenses distributed within the surface of this filter smooths fine lines and textures, which can be useful for creating a more flattering result of a subject.
This filter has a grade of 1. Grades of 1/2, 2, 3, 4, and 5 are also available where this filter type's effect becomes approximately twice as strong with each grade number increase. When higher grade numbers are applied, a halation effect around highlights can be created to further enhance a subject's appearance or produce a desired effect.
This filter is constructed from optical glass for clarity as well as color fidelity. It is made using ColorCore technology, a process that involves laminating the filter substrate between two pieces of optical glass and grinding flat to a tolerance of 1/10,000th of an inch, and then mounting to precision metal rings.
- General soft-focus effect while maintaining overall sharpness
- Reduces the appearance of blemishes and wrinkles
- Provides a smoother appearance of fine lines and textures
- Constructed from optical glass for clarity and color fidelity
- 72mm front filter threads allow for use with other filters
- Plastic case included for storage and transport
|Type||Soft focus and diffusion|
|Effect||Reduces the appearance of blemishes and wrinkles; smooths fine lines and textures; maintains overall sharpness|
|Construction||Optical glass with ColorCore technology|
|Front Filter Thread Size||72 mm|
|Front Lens Cap Size||72 mm|