- 1920 x 1080, 1/2.84" CMOS Sensor
- 20x Zoom with Zoom, Focus, Iris Rings
- 50Mbps MPEG-2 & 35Mbps MP4 Recording
- 4:2:2 Colour Sampling
- 23.98/29.97p, 59.94i/p
Email me when stock arrives
The Canon XF200 HD Camcorder is a compact, ergonomically friendly camera that is suitable for traditional multi-camera productions as well as ENG/event style coverage, independent and documentary filmmaking. The camera features a 1/2.84" CMOS sensor that captures 1920 x 1080 video at various frame rates up to 59.94p, including a 24p mode for a more cinematic feel. The integrated Canon 20x HD Optical zoom lens has a 35mm equivalent zoom range of 26.8 to 576mm and features an 8-bladed iris to render highlights in a more natural manner. Individual gear rings for focus, zoom, and iris on the lens itself provide you a natural way to make manual adjustments.
The camera records MPEG-2 at frame rates of 23.98/29.97p and 59.94i at up to 50Mbps, with 4:2:2 colour sampling, to integrated CF card slots using an MXF wrapper that is compatible with most popular NLE systems. You can also record to an integrated SDXC card slot using the MP4 codec at frame rates up to 59.94P. The XF200 features 4-channels of audio with manual/automatic record levels with two XLR inputs and a built-in on camera microphone. The built-in hand grip features 120° of rotation, making it easier to find a comfortable shooting position.
Built-in dual-band WiFi allows you to control the cameras functions from available mobile devices as well as view footage from the camera on the devices. Proxy files can be transferred via WiFi while you are shooting new footage. The camera also incorporates an Ethernet connection, so you can transfer files directly from the camera. An HDMI output provides you with video out.
1920 x 1080 CMOS Sensor
The XF200 features a 1/2.84-inch HD CMOS Image Sensor that is slightly larger than a 1/3" sensor. The sensor features approximately 5% more pixels than 1920 x 1080 and records a 1920 x 1080 window from the slightly large sensor. This allows the camera to use the extra pixels for Electronic Image Stabilisation and maintain the 1920 x 1080 resolution so the image isn't degraded by being blown up as with traditional EIS systems.
20x Optical Zoom Lens
- The Canon 20x HD Zoom Lens provides a zoom range with 35mm equivalent of 26.8mm-576mm and a minimum object distance of just 23.6 inches (60cm). The lens features an eight blade iris design providing out of focus highlights with a natural rounded appearance.
- The lens features three infinitely rotating rings for focus, zoom, and iris. The rings use an electronic coupling to move the lens functions but maintains a mechanically linked feel during use.
The XF200 offers optical image stabilisation (OIS) useful for reducing image blur in a wide variety of shooting situations. It also utilises electronic image stabilisation (EIS) in conjunction with the OIS providing 5-Axis image stabilisation.
The camera features focus peaking and a selectable waveform monitor display.
OLED View Screen and EVF
The 3.5" Organic Light-Emitting Diode (OLED) display provides vivid colour and 1.23MP resolution. The viewscreen has a viewing angle of over 80 degrees in all directions, which allows you to see a usable image even when you are off angle to the viewscreen. The Colour EVF is a 0.45 inch with 1.23MP of resolution and tilts up to 45° to accommodate different shooting positions.
The XF200 features an integrated mic and 2 XLR Line/Mic level inputs with +48V phantom power for connecting external mics.
The camera features an HDMI output connector.
Media Card Slots
Dual CF Card slots allow varied recording options.
- Dual recording: allows you to simultaneously record the same footage to different media cards using different codecs and bit rates
- Double-slot recording: allows you to record simultaneously to each of the two CF memory card slots, providing an instant backup for your footage
- Relay recording: the XF200 automatically switches video recording from one memory card to the other when the first memory card becomes full.
- The SDXC slot can be used to record high quality MP4 files, and you can record to one CF card slot and the SDXC card slot simultaneously.
Infrared Shooting Mode
Engaging the Infrared (IR) shooting mode moves the IR Cut filter out of the optical path for shooting in extreme low light conditions. An IR emitter built into the top handle provides an IR source.
Dual-band Wi-Fi (5GHz and 2.4GHz) support is built into the camera, allowing FTP file transfer of MP4 video. The camera supports a web browser interface that combined with Wi-Fi support allows you to control key features of the camera, including start/stop recording, zoom (limited to three speeds), exposure functions, and focus using a smart phone or tablet. You can also view and download recorded MP4 footage from the camera on a PC or mobile device while continuing to shoot.
- USB: An integrated Ethernet port allows you to link your camera to existing wired networks and wireless routers allowing you to download footage from the memory cards.
- Autofocus: The camera features an autofocus system with several useful modes, including Instant AF, which uses both the TTL-Video Signal Detection System and the external sensor, and Face Detection AF, which tracks the focus on faces in the video frame.
- Wide Dynamic Range: Wide Dynamic Range Gamma of 600% helps prevent overexposure, even for high brightness areas of an image and/or with non-uniform colours. Unlike the normal knee function that compresses video signals in high brightness areas using linear gamma, a wide DR Gamma retains continuity across the image and enables colour grading.
|Sensor||1/2.84" CMOS Sensor
Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Total Pixels: 3.09 Mp
Effective Pixels: 2.91 Mp
RGB Primary Colour Filter
Compatible with NTSC
|Lens||Zoom Range: 20x Optical
35mm Equivalent: 26.8 to 576mm (28.8 to 576mm with Dynamic IS)
|OLED Viewscreen||Pixel Count: Approximately 1.5MP|
|Viewfinder||0.45" Colour EVF
Pixel Count: Approximately 1.5MP
|Media Card Slots||2 x Compact Flash
1 x SDXC
|Video Recording System||Compression: 8 Bit MPEG-2 Long GOP
Colour Space: 4:2:2
File Format: MXF and MP4
50Mbps MXF (CBR) 4:2:2: 1920x1080 (60i/30p/24p), 1280x720 (60p/30p/24p)
35Mbps MXF (VBR) 4:2:0: 1920x1080 (60i/30p/24p), 1440x1080 (60i), 1280x720 (60p/30p/24p)
25Mbps MXF (CBR) 4:2:0: 1440x1080 (60i/30p/24p)
35Mbps MP4: 1920x1080 (60p)
24Mbps MP4: 1920x1080 (30p/24p)
17Mbps MP4: 1280x720 (60p)
9Mbps MP4: 1280x720 (30p/24p)
3Mbps MP4: 640x360 (30p/24p)
|Codec / Format Support||MPEG2
|Audio||2/4-Channel, Linear PCM, 16-Bit, 48 kHz (MXF)|
Audio: 2 x XLR 3-pin female, 1 x 3.5mm mini jack
HDMI: 1 x HDMI connector<