Io delivers the highest quality 10-bit uncompressed video and multi-channel 24-bit audio, and does it all in a simple plug-and-play form factor. And connecting Io to your Mac is easy: just one simple FireWire cable. All Io outputs are available all the time-allowing simultaneous connections to tape decks and monitoring - analog or digital. Io also provides RS-422 machine control, audio word clock, and a professional video Genlock. Developed in close cooperation with Apple, Io was designed to take full advantage of Final Cut Pro's exciting and powerful features. Io-In. Out. Simple.
Brackets (rack ears) are provided for front mounting the two-rack-unit Io chassis in a standard 19" (48 cm) equipment rack. You can also mount the Io chassis via the same brackets attached at the rear panel for industrial-style equipment racks. Alternatively, you can use the chassis without any brackets at all; instead placing supplied rubber feet on the bottom of the chassis for use on a desk.
Chassis styling complements Apple's Xserve and Xserve RAID for a stylish desktop video suite appearance.
RS-422 Control Port (Sony), 9-pin D, for machine control
10-bit uncompressed SDI with embedded audio I/O
Analog (10-bit A/D and D/A) video inputs/outputs:
- S-video I/O
- Composite NTSC/PAL video I/O
- Component YPbPr/RGB video I/O
- Genlock/Reference video (looping)
24-bit digital/optical/analog multi-channel audio:
- 4-channel AES/EBU audio I/O
- 4-channel balanced/unbalanced analog audio In connectors support XLR or TRS-type connections
- 4-channel balanced analog audio Out connectors (XLR)
- 8-channel optical audio I/O
- 8-channel balanced audio monitor Out
- 8-channel embedded audio over SDI
- Audio word clock connector (BNC) for audio synchronization
Front panel status indicators: Power On/Off, FireWire (active/inactive), Ref (Genlock), NTSC or PAL
Front panel mode indicators: Input/Output
Front panel video/audio input source indicators:
- Video: Present, SDI, Component, Composite and S-video
- Audio: Present, SDI, ADAT, AES/EBU and Analog