Convergent Design Odyssey 7Q+ OLED Monitor / RecorderProduct #21488 | SKU CD-ODYSSEY7Q+
- 7.7"(19.5 cm) 1280 x 800 OLED Touchscreen Monitor
- DCI & UHD 4K Recording over HDMI or SDI
- ProRes 4444 12-Bit RGB, ProRes 422
- Full Uncompressed DPX 10-Bit and 12-Bit
- DCI & UHD 4K 60fps to Apple ProRes 422
Convergent Design's Odyssey7Q+ is a monitor/recorder that provides all of the features and functionality of the Odyssey7Q but adds support for 4K recording over HDMI. It features a 7.7"(19.5 cm), 1280 x 800, OLED, touchscreen display with a 3400:1 contrast ratio, true blacks, and professional monitoring features such as waveform, histogram, vectorscope, anamorphic de-squeeze, and 3D LUT support. Out-of-the-box, the Odyssey7Q+ can record up to DCI 4K (4096 x 2160) and Ultra HD (3840 x 2160) in the compressed Apple ProRes 422 HQ format or up to 2K/1080p using the uncompressed DPX file format. The Titan Extract option, which allows you to create multiple HD windows from a single 4K source, is included. Additionally, it supports several RAW recording options for ARRI, Canon, Sony, and POV cameras, which are available for purchase or rental from Convergent Design's website.
The Odyssey7Q+ has two 3G-SDI inputs (6G-SDI compatibility requires firmware v2016.01), two 3G-SDI outputs, and two bi-directional 3G-SDI connectors which can be assigned as either inputs or outputs via menu selection. It also has a 4K-capable HDMI input and an HDMI output that supports up to 1080p30 4:2:2. Most of the inputs/outputs are on the bottom of the monitor, with 1/4"-20 mounting threads on the sides. Dual SSD slots are provided for recording video to Convergent Design Premium 2.5" SSDs, which offer high speeds, reliability, and power-loss protection. Select Samsung SSDs are also supported for more cost-effective recording media. An AC adapter is included for powering the device, with optional battery plates available. Also included is a 36" Micro HDMI to HDMI cable and a HDMI to Mini HDMI adapter, useful for using the Odyssey7Q+ with DSLRs and mirrorless cameras with Micro HDMI outputs.
Titan HD Extract Option
The Titan HD Extract option allows you to take one camera to a shoot and obtain three separate recordings (plus a live switch between the three images). This feature can add a multi-cam look to single-camera shoots without the expense of multiple cameras or recorders. One view is an HD downscale/super-sample of the full image area, and two views are windows selected from the full image area. These views can be panned smoothly through the 4K field, and the three views can be Live-Switched. All four HD views (The master/wide, the two windowed views, and the live-swtiched/programme) can be recorded simultaneously in Apple ProRes with matching timecode and file names.
The following features have been added to the Odyssey 7Q+ with the release of firmware update 2016.1:
- SDI inputs now support 6G-SDI in addition to 3G-SDI.
- 4K@60 can be recorded to Apple ProRes 422.
- The Odyssey now supports 4K@30 from Blackmagic Design cameras.
- Record 4:4:4 2K and HD video signals in 10- & 12-bit Apple ProRes 4444 or 4444(XQ). This supports many cameras, including Sony F3/F5/F23/F35/F55, Canon C300 Mark II/C500, Panasonic HPX3100, and more. (The HD or 2K input stream must be video, not raw, to use the Apple ProRes 4444 modes at this time.)
- View two HD video signals while recording one in Apple ProRes
- Spot Metre - advanced monitoring tool - comprehensive exposure metre
- Additional & improved Preset LUTs New and improved LUTs for Canon C-Log, C-Log2, and Panasonic V-Log
- FS7/FS700 2K HS RAW->2K Apple ProRes: Capture 2K Apple ProRes 422, up to 240 fps from the FS700 or FS7 camera with the XDCA Expansion unit. (Requires optional Odyssey Raw Bundle
7.7" 1280x800 OLED touchscreen panel featuring true blacks and accurate colour with a full range colour gamut for REC709 or DCI-P3 viewing.
The Odyssey7Q+ features two dedicated 3G-SDI inputs, two dedicated 3G-SDI outputs, two switchable 3G-SDI input/outputs, one HDMI input, one HDMI output (up to 1080p 30fps). Active Cross-Conversion means that all outputs are always active regardless of which input is used.
Up to four HD video signals can be input and viewed simultaneously (quad-split) or live-switched (choose between inputs for full screen display). A future paid update will allow Multi-Stream Recording of up to four simultaneous Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) files and an XML log file of the live switch.
Image Analysis Tools
- Waveform — Luma only, RGB Parade, Red only, Blue only, Green only, Full Size and Compact Size options
- Histogram — Luma only, RGB Parade, Red only, Blue only, Green only, Full Size and Compact Size options
- Vectorscope — Analogue or digital; Trace display in green or colour (true CbCr); Variable Zoom 1.0x - 15.0x (finger drag left-right); Zoom Presets 1, 2, 5, 10, 15x (finger drag up-down)
- False Colour — six programmable levels & adjustable ranges
- Zebras — Dual adjustable zebra exposure indicators, selectable colours
- LUT Support — LUTs for Log formats from ARRI, Blackmagic Design, Canon Panasonic and Sony, plus up to 140 custom 3D-LUTs in .CUBE format
Focus Assist & Pixel Zoom
- Focus Assist — Video + Edges (Peaking), Edges Only, Enhanced Edges, user choice of colour: Red, Green, or Blue
- Pixel Zoom — 1:1 and 2:1 Pixel Zoom with moveable image
- Hyper Zoom — 4, 6, 8, 10, and 12x Pixel Zoom on selected portion of image displayed in the lower right corner of the OLED display with selectable colour reference frame
2.0x, 1.5x, 1.33x de-squeeze options for monitoring anamorphic footage. Adjusted image sent to video outputs; recording unaffected.
Centre Extraction mode de-squeezes and magnifies centre portion of image for common anamorphic formats. Adjusted image sent to video output; recording unaffected.
- 1.33x (1.78:1) — Stretches centre 4:3 image to cover 16:9 frame
- 2.0x (2.39:1) — 2.0x stretch with image zoom and crop to 2.39:1
- 2.0x (2.67:1) — 2.0x stretch with image zoom to 2.67:1
LUT System & Custom 3D LUT Support
- Expanded set of Preset LUTs
- Support for user-loadable custom 3D LUTs (up to 140)
- 17x, 32x, 33x, 64x, 65x 3D-LUT .CUBE formats supported
- .CUBE LUTs translated for Odyssey using Convergent Design 3D-LUT Convertor App
- LUTs are currently for monitoring only, not recording
- LUTs viewed during recording noted in XML file metadata (new CD Apple ProRes Transfer Utility 1.7 required)
- Extended and Legal Range LUTs supported (EE vs LL)
- Image Analysis Tools can measure "LUTTED" image or original source
- Video outputs can independently turn ON/OFF LUT or Mirror OLED
Built-in Preset 3D LUTs
- ARRI_EE_LOG_R709 — Standard Alexa LogC to Video LUT (camera default)
- BMD_CC_EE_FILM_V — Blackmagic Cinema Camera LUT from DaVinci Resolve (Version 2)
- BMD_PC_EE_FILM_V2 — Version 2 Blackmagic Production Camera 4K LUT from DaVinci Resolve
- Canon_EE_709_LOG_WDR — Canon Log/Rec.709 to Wide Dynamic Range Rec.709
- Canon_EE_Cin_LOG_WDR — Canon Log/CinemaGamut to Wide Dynamic Range Rec.709
- PANASONIC_EE_LOG_709 — Duplicate of the ALEXA Rec.709 LUT
- RED_EE_RLF_RG3 — REDlogFilm to REDgamma3 with colour space as input, e.g. REDcolor3
- SONY_EE_Slog1_R800 — S-Log1 to Rec.709 (800%) with no colour space change, matching the in-camera MLUT
- SONY_EE_Slog2_LC709A — Alexa style Low Contrast Rec.709, converted from the Sony original to Extended range in and out, to match the in-camera MLUT
- SONY_EE_Slog3C_L709A — Alexa-style Low Contrast Rec.709, converted from the Sony original to Extended range in and out, to match the in-camera MLUT
- SONY_EE_Slog2_R800 — S-Log1 to Rec.709 (800%) with no colour space change, matching the in-camera MLUT
- SONY_EE_SL2_L709A-1 — S-Log2 to Rec.709 when rating the FS700 at 1000ISO (1 stop over)
- SONY_EE_SL2_L709A-2 — — S-Log2 to Rec.709 when rating the FS700 at 500ISO (2 stops over)
- SONY_EE_SL3C_L709A-1 — S-Log2 to Rec.709 when rating the FS7 at 1000ISO (1 stop over)
- SONY_EE_SL3C_L709A-2 — S-Log2 to Rec.709 when rating the FS7 at 500ISO (2 stops over)
Note: All LUTs listed are in the industry-standard .cube format and are available with firmware v2015.7 or later. They must be loaded through the CD 3D-LUT Convertor App and then loaded onto an Odyssey SSD or Odyssey Utility Drive in order to then be loaded into the Odyssey7Q+. Additional LUTs can be downloaded from Convergent Design's website.
Additional Monitoring Features
4K / 2K Monitoring Modes — 17:9 Letterboxed within 16:9 image or Centre-Cut to 16:9. Letterbox or Centre-Cut image is sent to video outputs, full image frame is recorded Monochrome Monitoring Mode — View Luma only or individual Red, Green, or Blue channel in grey tone Aspect Ratio Guides — Standard and Custom (user adjustable), may be used for framing guides, Horizontal/Vertical framing guides available
4K / UHD / 2K / HD Video Recording
Record 4K (4096x2160), UHD (3840x2160), 2K (2048x1080) and HD (1920x1080, 1280x720) Video in Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) over SDI. The Odyssey7Q+ can record 4K/UHD 10-bit or 1080p60 10-bit over HDMI.
Uncompressed DPX 4:4:4 RGB Video Recording
Record 2K (2048x1080) and HD (1920x1080) Video in 12-bit or 10-bit uncompressed DPX files.
HDMI 4K/UHD to 2K/HD Supersampling
An HDMI-based 4K (4096x2160) or UHD (3840x2160) video signal can be supersampled in real time in the Odyssey7Q+ to a 2K (2048x1080) or HD (1920x1080) video signal and recorded in Apple ProRes (HQ, 422, or LT). The resulting images out-resolve the 2K/HD image that many smaller cameras can produce internally. Another advantage is if the camera is limited to 8-bit output, the Odyssey7Q+ supersampling will result in a pseudo-10-bit colour sampling for improved colour reproduction.
Included Recording Options
4K/UHD 10-bit YCC 4:2:2 up to 30fps in Apple ProRes 422 HQ, 422, 422 LT 2K/1080p 12-bit RGB 4:4:4: up to 30fps in Apple ProRes 4444 Regular and XQ 2K/1080p 12-bit RGB 4:4:4: up to 60fps with Canon C500 in Apple ProRes 4444 Regular and XQ 2K/1080p 10-bit YCC 4:2:2 up to 60fps in Apple ProRes 422 HQ, 422, 422 LT 1080i 10-bit YCC 4:2:2 up to 60i in Apple ProRes 422 HQ, 422, 422 LT 720p 10-bit YCC 4:2:2 up to 60fps in Apple ProRes 422 HQ, 422, 422 LT
2K/1080p RGB 10/12-bit 4:4:4 up to 30fps in DPX file format 1080p RGB 10-bit 4:4:4 up to 60fps in DPX file format
Record Options for Purchase or Rental
ARRI ALEXA ARRIRAW ARRIRAW (16:9) up to 60fps
Canon Cinema Raw (C500/C300 Mark II)
4K/UHD RAW up to 60fps (30fps for C300 Mark II) 2K/HD 12-bit up to 30fps QHD RAW up to 30fps (C300 Mark II only) 4K RAW to 4K Apple ProRes up to 30fps (C300 Mark II only) QHD RAW to UHD Apple ProRes up to 30fps (C300 Mark II only)
Sony FS RAW (FS7/FS700)
4K RAW up to 60fps 2K RAW up to 240fps 4K RAW to 4K/UHD Apple ProRes up to 60fps 4K RAW to HD Apple ProRess up to 240fps 4K RAW Burst to 4K/UHD Apple ProRes at 100 and 120fps (FS700 only)
POV 2K 10-bit RAW POV HD 10-bit RAW POV HD 12-bit RAW
Note: ARRIRAW above 30fps, Canon RAW 50/60fps, and Sony FS 2K RAW 200fps and 240fps require two SSDs
Touchscreen SDI record trigger (ARRI, Canon, Panasonic, Red, Sony) HDMI (with compatible cameras)
SSD Recording Media
To enable recording on the Odyssey, Convergent Design Premium SSDs (Odyssey SSDs) or third party SSDs qualified by Convergent Design must be used.
Third-Party SSD Support
The Odyssey 7Q+ supports approved third party SSDs (optional SSD Handle kits required to mount). Qualified third-party SSDs include:* Samsung 850 Evo PRO in 128 GB, 51 2GB, and 1 TB * Samsung 850 Evo 1000 GB
Note: Samsung SSDs draw more power than Odyssey SSDs. Convergent Design recommends using an AC-powered USB3 adapter or a Thunderbolt adapter when connecting Samsung SSDs to a computer.
Designed, Built, and Tested in the USA
Convergent Design monitors/recorders are designed and built in the United States and each model is thoroughly test before they are shipped. They go through a lengthy burn-in, where they are heat cycled while operating, and then endure another lengthy period where they are repeatedly turned on and off. They are also drop tested, then individually tested, all in Convergent Design's factory in Colourado Springs, Colourado, USA.
|Display||7.7" OLED (19.5 cm)
1280 x 800 resolution
3400:1 contrast ratio
RGB 8-bit colour depth
176° viewing angle
|Video I/O||2 x 3G/HD/SD-SDI inputs (BNC)
2 x 3G/HD/SD-SDI outputs (BNC)
2 x 3G/HD/SD-SDI bi-directional (BNC), assignable as inputs or outputs via menu
1 x HDMI mini input, Version 1.4b, 8-bit (supports up to 1080p60 4:2:2, up to 30 fps in UHD 3840 x 2160, and up to 24 fps in DCI 4K 4096 x 2160)
1 x HDMI mini output, Version 1.4a, 8-bit (supports up to 1080p30 4:2:2)
|SDI Formats Supported||Single Link, Dual Link, Quad Link|
|Recording Formats||Compressed Formats:
4K/UHD 10-bit YCC 4:2:2 up to 30fps in Apple ProRes 422 HQ, 422, 422 LT
2K/1080p 12-bit RGB 4:4:4: up to 30fps in Apple ProRes 4444 Regular and XQ
2K/1080p 12-bit RGB 4:4:4: up to 60fps with Canon C500 in Apple ProRes 4444 Regular and XQ
2K/1080p 10-bit YCC 4:2:2 up to 60 fps in Apple ProRes 422 HQ, 422, 422 LT
1080i 10-bit YCC 4:2:2 up to 60 fps in Apple ProRes 422 HQ, 422, 422 LT
720p 10-bit YCC 4:2:2 up to 60 fps in Apple ProRes 422 HQ, 422, 422 LT
2K/1080p RGB 10/12-bit 4:4:4 up to 30 fps in DPX file format
1080p RGB 10-bit 4:4:4 up to 60 fps in DPX file format
|Digital Audio I/O||2-channel SDI or HDMI embedded audio (48 kHz, 24-bit)|
|Analogue Audio I/O||1 x 3.5 mm input (line level, 2-channel unbalanced or 1-channel balanced input up to -10 dB, 48 kHz, 24-bit)
1 x 3.5 mm headphone output
|Recording Media Support||2 x 2.5"(6.35 cm) SSD slots (Requires Convergent Design Premium 2.5" SSDs or approved third party SSDs)|
|Timecode||LTC I/O (BNC) or embedded via SDI/HDMI|
|Firmware Updates||Via USB port to host computer|
|DC Power Input||6.5 to 34 VDC with built-in reverse polarity protection; locking power connector; built-in power switch|
|Power Draw||8 W (monitor only), 9 to 15 W (monitor and record mode)|
|Operating Temperature||-10 to 40°C|
|Storage Temperature||-20 to 70°C|
|Dimensions||Measured from end of BNC to SSD tabs:
7.9 x 6.1 x 1.0" (20.0 x 15.5 x 2.5 cm)
In The Box
- Convergent Design Odyssey 7Q+ OLED Monitor / Recorder
- Micro HDMI to HDMI Cable (36")
- HDMI to Mini HDMI Adapter
- 36" HD-SDI 3G Ultra-Thin Cable
- USB 3.0 SSD Reader
- Plastic Case for SSD
- SSD Handle Pack (5 Handles)
- AC Adapter