In an expansion of its 3D production product offerings, Panasonic introduced the new BT-3DL2550, a 25.5-inch 3D LCD production monitor with full 1920 x 1200 resolution. The BT-3DL2550 provides 3D display with true-to-life color in a durable, production-tough LCD panel package.
- 255.5 type LCD panel with wide colour gamut
- 10-bit 3D LUT for faithful colour reproduction
- 2D/3D SD/HD professional monitor
- 3D Simul, Line-by-Line, Side-by-Side support
The monitor displays 3D content using an Xpol®* polarizing filter, so content can be viewed with polarizing (passive) 3D eyeglasses. It switches from Left to Right image display, overlay, Left and Right two window display and 3D.
The BT-3DL2550 offers the same exceptional-quality color reproduction as Panasonic’s popular BT-LH2550 LCD production monitor. With an In-Plane Switching (IPS) panel and 10-bit processing circuit, the monitor delivers full 1920 x 1200 resolution with exceptionally clear detail and offers six color settings - SMPTE, EBU, ITU-R BT.709, Adobe 2.2, Adobe 1.8 and D-Cinema – for superior color range and a three-dimensional look-up table (LUT) for calibration. It supports 1080i, 1080p and 720p playback, and offers pixel-to-pixel function in 720p mode.
The BT-3DL2550 is equipped with two HD/SD-SDI inputs for simultaneous display of Left image, Right image and 3D signals. 3D signals can also be supported line-by-line or side-by-side using the monitor’s DVI-D input. Additional professional level inputs include two HD/SD-SDI inputs, component and RGB, as well as standard RS-232C (9-pin) and GPI (9-pin) remote inputs, headphone jack, green and red tally lamps on the front panel. It also has an embedded audio decoder on board (through its headphone jack), time code display, closed caption (through video input only), audio level meter display of up to eight channels.
The 3D monitor can be connected directly to Panasonic’s Full HD 3D camcorder and other 3D cameras via HD-SDI inputs. It can also be connected to high-end NLE systems like Quantel’s IQ and Pablo via its two HD-SDI (simultaneous signal) or to a NLE system running Final Cut Pro via DVI-D (line-by-line signal).
Additional features include pre-installed calibration software, Cine-gamma Film-Rec compensation, Standard Markers and Blue-only, H/V delay display, monochrome and Cross Hatch overlay display, split-screen/freeze frame (live input vs. freeze frame).
Five customizable function keys on the front panel can be assigned with various display modes and settings for quick, one-touch adjustments.
The BT-3DL2550 has a durable, lightweight frame and aluminum alloy back panel, and it is VESA-mount compatible. It comes standard with two polarizing 3D glasses, a desk stand and an AC adapter.
- Dual HD-SDI input, support for 3D camera
- 3D Simultaneous, Line by line or Side by Side
- 1,920 x 1,200 pixel (WUXGA) panel
- Approx 16,770,000 colour display
- HD/SD Multi Format Support:
- HD; 1080i/60, 59, 94i. 50i
- 1080/60p, 50p, 30p, 29p, 24p, 23p, 24psf, 23psf
- 720/60p, 59p, 50p
- SD; 480/60p, 60i, 576/50p, 50i
- I/O interfaces for Broadcast systems: HD/SD SDI x2. Composite, Component, DVI-D
- Cross hatch overlay display for convergence guide
- Remote, GPI & RS232 D-sub 9-pin
- Audio input SDI (Embedded) Jack x2
- Built-in WFM, victor scope & TC display
- Cine-Gamma compensation for Varicam