The new Glidetrack Simple Slider HD has been developed as a entry model for the HD range. Buyers will receive a fully assembled ready to use Glidetrack, in a new, custom designed, Glidetrack box, with full warranty and instructions.
The Simple Slider uses the same core rail as the current HD 1m, however, it has smaller, non slip end caps instead of the traditional large outrigger feet used on Glidetrack models.
Key differences to the HD 1m are:
- Compact End Caps compared with full size outrigger feet on HD1m
- 100mm non braked carriages as opposed to the HD1m's 150mm braked one.
- Smaller footprint compared to standard HD model (see second picture for comparison)
The Glidetrack HD range is based on a heavy-duty 16mm rail with a 60mm wide slider car, and with wider feet than the SD to make it even more stable when used with depth of field adapters and camera setups featuring longer lenses.
At the heart of the Glidetrack system lies an industrial grade rail and bearing system. The rail is made of hard anodized aluminium and the bearings themselves are of industrial grade self lubricating plastic that makes them extremely insensitive to dirt and dust ingress and corrosion resistant, which cannot be said of traditional bearing systems. The bearings are extremely hard wearing and are rated to run for many thousands of kilometres of travel before needing replaced. Your elbow will wear out before they do!
- Use it with a single or double-tripod set-up, or standalone on a flat surface.
- Set-up is a matter of seconds, and then you’re ready to shoot professional grade video.
- Crane type moves. By mounting your Glidetrack at one end, you can do pseudo crane moves on the fly.
- Inclined dolly moves, By using two tripod heads, you can do your Glide at an angle. Try that with a traditional dolly!
Note: The HD Simple Slider requires minimal assembly on delivery that requires no hand tools.