The new Glidetrack Hybrid slider system, developed exclusively in conjunction with Igus (r), has been designed to offer an evolution of the traditional plain Drylin carriage systems.
At the heart of the new Glidetrack Hybrid Slider system, are the new Igus Hybrid bearings. Incorporating the best of both worlds, these feature both sliding AND roller bearings. These offer you all the advantages of both types of bearings without any of the disadvantages as seen in Richard Wakefield’s video review.
The Hybrid slider system runs on high precision extruded industrial grade rail, that is made of hard anodized aluminium. The rail is of a heavier duty extrusion, which makes the Hybrid perfect for mid to large size rigs, that may include external monitors, matte boxes or support systems.
In addition to the traditional drylin self lubricating liners, the new carriage now runs on four self lubricating, dry running roller bearings. As a result, The Glidetrack Hybrid Carriage requires 4-5 times less force to move than the traditional Drylin liners. Typical roller bearing systems (as featured in competing products) use grease filled noisy metal bearings. These style of bearings are very prone to being affected by dust, dirt, grit lint and moisture, which can significantly affect their performance, and limit the number of environments that they can reliably be used in. Should they become contaminated, dis-assembling/cleaning and re-adjusting them is no easy task.
By comparison, the Glidetrack Hybrid Slider has an open architecture design, that uses individual, greaseless self lubricating plastic bearings and liners, that can quickly and easily be swapped out if required. It is easy to ensure optimal performance as you can literally take the carriage apart, flush it under the tap or blow it down, and you are ready to shoot again. Even within each bearing, individual components can easily be replaced without the need for specialist tools, or return to the manufacturer.
Adjustable high grip, non marking rubber feet come as standard with your Hybrid Slider, as does a locking carraige. The feet have been specifically designed so you can quickly compensate for uneven ground when shooting. They allow the Glidetrack Hybrid to be used horizontally, vertically, at inclines and even upside down! So....within one ultra light, compact and portable unit, you have a massive arsenal of killer shots at your disposal.
The simplicity and versatility these features offer will be a HUGE advantage when working in event scenarios.
- Incorporates both sliding AND roller bearings
- Industrial grade rail made of hard anodized aluminium
- Requires 4-5 times less force to move than the traditional Drylin liners.
- An open architecture design using individual greaseless self lubricating plastic bearings and liners, that are quickly and easily be swapped out if required.
- Optimal performance ensured as the carriage can be taken apart, flushed or blown clean and be ready for shooting in no time.
- Adjustable high grip, non marking rubber feet that quickly compensate for uneven ground when shooting come as standard
- Can be used for huge variety of shots including; horizontally, vertically, at inclines and even upside down!
- Exclusive Gldietrack and Igus collaborative design only available at Glidetrack.com