Kessler REV 2 with a 1000 Series Motor has been discontinued, here are some related products you might like:
Originally, when Kessler designed version one of this product, it was to be used in the underslung position on cranes. However, because of the ability to use it for shooting a time-lapse, people started to use it in the over-slung position. In this position, the centre of gravity is higher. This forces you to ensure your base is secure because as your setup gets higher, the more unstable it becomes.
In order to make the head more suitable for shooting in the over-slung position, we have made a few modifications. The first thing that Kessler have changed is the motor position. The Pan axis motors are now inverted, which enabled us to lower the mounting area by 3.75" to 1.75". If you are wanting it even lower and do not need the cables to pass through, you can lower it to a 1/4" by removing the stand offs. To do this, you need to remove the four screws on the base plate and then remove the four screws on the mounting plates. Once you have done this, you can attach the base plate directly to the column on the head to achieve the 1/4" configuration.
Another modification Kessler made is an adjustable Tilt support arm so you can lower the camera platform by 4". There are 5 different heights you can choose between using the available lock pockets. This helps you fine tune the height you desire.To lower, simply loosen the screw on the tilt arm and fine tune the height.
In its lowest configuration, it is about 8" shorter than the height of version one, which is almost half the height of version one. However, if you are wanting to have access to the original size, if you are using a larger setup, such as a long lens or matte box, you simply loosen the screw and adjust to the height you desire. By raising the height, you can gain access to more movement if desired when shooting with a larger camera configuration.
For example, when a stripped down DSLR is attached you have full access to the movement. However, when you attach a matte box, you will need to raise the head to achieve the clearance height needed.
The 1000 series motor moves at half the speed of the 500 series and has twice the torque, allowing you to make very precise movements with heavier equipment.
- Low Profile Design
- Removable stand-offs for even lower profile (when cable pass-through is not needed)
- Adjustable Tilt arm with 4" of adjustment including 5 different heights
- 1000 series motor
- Billet aluminum with stainless steel hardware construction.
- Dual motors for each axis, provide zero backlash and 100% holding power (no drifting).
- Continuous 360 degree movement on both pan and tilt.
- Superior Dynamic Range. Unit is both faster and slower than other heads at similar price point.
- Ball bearing and belt drive to eliminate gear to gear noise.
- Pass-through axle points, for easy cable routing.
- Cabling is CAT5 / CAT6 cable with RJ45 connectors (standard network cable). NO EXPENSIVE PROPRIETARY CABLES!!-
- Weight Capacity: 20 lbs
|Arm Extended||12.5" x 12.5" x 6.25"|
|Arm Collapsed||16.5" x 12.5" x 6.25" (height is reduced by 1.5" with stand-offs removed)|