mLogic mRack Thunderbolt 3 LTO-7 Single Tape Archiving Solution
- IBM LTO 7 Tape Drive (LTFS Compatible)
- 2 x Thunderbolt 3 Ports
- Data Transfers up to 300 MB/s
- 6TB of Storage per Tape Cartridge
Email me when stock arrives
- Product: #71519
- SKU: MRACK-LTO7
Built with a 1 RU form factor for desktop use, 19" racks, and DIT carts, the mLogic mRack Thunderbolt 3 LTO-7 Single Tape Archiving Solution is a tape archiving solution that reads and writes LTO 7 and LTO 6 media. It can also read LTO 5 media and has two Thunderbolt 3 ports for connecting to your host Windows or Mac system for backing up and archiving critical media assets. As one Thunderbolt 3 port is used for host connectivity, the second is free for the daisy-chaining of compatible Thunderbolt peripherals. The mRack is a suitable solution for protecting Original Camera Files (OCF) on-set and for archiving completed projects in the studio for the long term.
Each LTO 7 tape cartridge stores 6TB of data, which is copied at speeds up to 300 MB/s, and has a shelf life of 30 years. LTO 7 also supports the Linear Tape File System (LTFS), which mounts the tape drive in the same way as a disk drive, enabling drag-and-drop functionality to the tape cartridge. Included is mLogic's LTFS archive/retrieve utility for macOS, a 3.3' Thunderbolt cable, a Fujifilm universal cleaning cartridge, and a universal power adapter. Protection is provided by a limited 3-year warranty.
- 1 RU rack mountable enclosure with a single LTO 7 tape drive
- For desktop use or for mounting in standard 19" racks or DIT carts
- 6TB native storage capacity per tape cartridge
- LTO tape has a 30+ year shelf-life, which is significantly longer than hard drives
- Up to 300 MB/second data transfer rate
- Reads and writes to both LTO 7 & LTO 6 tapes, reads LTO 5 tapes
- Compatible with a wide range of backup and archiving software
- Dual Thunderbolt 3 ports enable the daisy-chaining of Thunderbolt peripherals
- Windows and macOS compatible
Hello LTFS. Drag. Drop.
The mRack ships with a simple drag-and-drop Linear Tape File System (LTFS) archiving and retrieve utility for macOS. To ensure that what you archive to mRack is an exact replica of your source material, the utility utilizes xxHASH64 verification. Detailed transfer logs are also generated with every archive.
Backup, Archive, and Manage
The mRack LTO 7 is compatible with LTO archiving and media management software for macOS and Windows, including:
- Axle Video - Axle
- Archiware - P5
- Imagine Products - PreRoll Post
- Pomfort - Silverstack XT
- Square Box - CatDV
- StorageDNA - DNA Evolution
- XenData - XenData 6 Workstation
- YoYotta - YoYottaID LTFS
Protect Your Valuable Content
LTO tape offers a life of 30+ years and a reliability level that exceeds what is achievable with spinning disk and solid-state drive technology. mRack is an archiving solution to safeguard important digital media for the long term, and LTO tape is not only more reliable than disk, but much more cost-effective. Offload the content on your hard drives and RAIDs to mRack and put them back into action while enjoying the peace-of-mind that the content is safely archived for the future.
|Number of Tape Slots||1|
|Supported Tape Types||LTO-5, LTO-6, LTO-7|
|Supported Tape Capacities||6 TB (Native)|
|Operating System Support||Windows, macOS/OS X|
|Connectivity||2 x USB Type-C (Thunderbolt 3)|
|AC Input Power||110 to 220 VAC, 50 / 60 Hz|
|Dimensions||19 x 16.5 x 1.7" / 48.26 x 41.91 x 4.32 cm|
|Weight||16 lb / 7.3 kg|