Blackmagic Design ATEM Mini Pro HDMI Live Stream Switcher
- 4-Channel Live Stream HDMI Switcher
- Control up to Four BMPCC 6K/4K Cameras
- Live Tally, Stream and Record Status
- Record Button, Channel Preview Multiview
- 2-Channel Digital Audio Mixer Per Source
Similar to its predecessor the ATEM Mini, the ATEM Mini Pro from Blackmagic Design is a four-input live production switcher with an integrated control panel designed for multi-camera live streaming up to HD video to the internet or broadcast applications from gaming consoles, corporate computer streams, or HD cameras. Along with the software control update, the Mini Pro builds on the Mini with features such as live stream data rate and status information, a built-in hardware encoder, simultaneous recording to USB drives, drive hot swapping with the Blackmagic Multidock, an added record and stream buttons, stream caching, a timecode generator, programme preview multiview, tally support, and support for Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 6K and 4K to utilise as your broadcast sources.
The ATEM Mini Pro retains the same rear panel setup with four HDMI inputs are available on the rear of the chassis and they input up to 1080p HD video. There is also an HDMI output for a projector or external monitor, a USB Type-C output as for streaming HD video to a computer, and an RJ45 10/100/1000 Ethernet port for streaming video through your computer, system management, remote control, and upgrades. You can adjust frame rate depending on the quality of your stream, and there is no need for additional streaming software because the Pro includes a built-in hardware encoder.
The updated ATEM Software Control Panel is used for control and configuration of the ATEM Mini Pro via USB or Ethernet, and it allows you to monitor the data rate, audio metres, configuration, and status of your live feed. The built-in colour control panel has the same configuration of DaVinci Resolve, eliminating any learning curve. Advanced features include the ability for engineers to upload an XML configuration file to make it easier to change all your settings at once.
The control surface features the same easy-to-view, backlit control buttons to enable selecting camera inputs, controlling transitions, keyers, settings, and the DVE. The ATEM Mini Pro adds several buttons to the right side such as a quick record button which allows you to instantly record your live stream to the connected USB source, or by holding it down, you can hot-swap drives when using the Blackmagic Multidock if you need to quickly get down to editing. On Air and Stream buttons have also been added to instantly start and stop your stream once it is set up in software control. The added Video out out buttons on the right side allow you to select a programme preview for each source, so you can make sure each source is ready to go for air.
The ATEM Mini Pro features the same upstream and downstream keyers, an advanced chroma keyer, two linear/luma keyers, a DVE transition keyer, a pattern generator, and colour generators. There is also media player support for fill and key images, which supports up to 20 stills in PNG, TGA, BMP, JPEG, and TIFF formats.
- Same rear panel as ATEM Mini with added buttons and software features
- Stream video up to 1080p HD
- Quick stream, on-air, and record buttons
- Hardware encoder so there's no need for additional streaming software
- Control and configure timecode, stream status
- Full support and control features for BMPCC 6K and 4K cameras
- Simultaneous USB recording
- Integration with Multidock for live hard drive switching
- Customise advanced settings with XML files
- Software multiview with programme previews, graphics, record status, on air status, audio metres
- Programme preview input and output buttons
- Tally light control for BMPCC 6K/4K cameras
- utomatic timecode sync for all cameras
Available transitions include:* Cut: When you press the cut button, ATEM instantly changes from your current programme source to the preview source. Cuts can be performed by directly selecting sources or by pressing the cut button to switch to the next source.
- Mix: The mix, or dissolve, gradually transitions from one source to the next by creating a smooth blend. You can set custom timings to manually blend the transition.
- Dip: Just like mix transitions, a dip transition is a gradual blend that includes either a solid colour, graphic, or another clip between the two video sources. Dips to black or white between sources are the most popular, or you can use logos or sponsor graphics.
- Wipe: Built-in wipe patterns include circles, diamonds, squares, and more. Shapes and patterns can be inverted or softened, and can even have customised coloured borders.
- DVE: With the powerful built-in Digital Video Effects processor, or DVE, you can push, spin, squeeze, or swoosh your live video from one camera to the next with incredible built-in transitions. DVE transitions can be flip-flopped and reversed, giving you even more transition options.
Layer live video over other video sources or graphics with the Upstream Keyer. You can use luma key, linear key, pattern key, or shoot against a green screen and use chroma key to instantly composite the video over virtual sets.* Luma key: Luma keys work best with high-contrast images, like white elements on a black background, so you can use the contrast to cut the black background and replace it with live video or graphics.
- Linear key: Get clean, high-quality results with linear keying by using two separate sources for the fill and the key to create one video image. The fill signal contains the video to be stacked over the background, while the key signal contains a gray scale mask to cut out, or mask, the area to be filled.
- Chroma key: Used every day for TV weather forecasts, chroma keys are a powerful way of combining live images in real time. The presenter typically stands in front of a green or blue background and the chroma keyer will remove only that colour and combine it with another image, such as a video or graphic.
- Pattern key: Combine live images with any of the built-in wipe patterns to combine live images or graphics with geometric shapes. You get full control over softness, symmetry, size, and position to create unique picture-in-picture effects that can be transitioned to as easily as any live source.
The ATEM Mini switcher includes one downstream keyer, so you can add high-quality graphics like logos, bugs, and titles from the built-in media player over the live stream programme output. Downstream keyers are the last layers of keying, so they overlay all video switched to the main programme output.
The built-in audio mixer lets you control both camera and external audio with precision level and balance adjustments on all six available audio inputs and two channels. The mixer features selectable On/Off/Audio-Follow-Video per channel, plus it has separate gain control per channel, level and peak metering, and new Fairlight audio enhancements such as compressor, gate, limiter, six bands of parametric AEQ, and master gain control.
The HDMI monitor output allows you to see your sources, graphics, preview, and programme output on a single screen.
Eliminate external character generators by storing up to 20 broadcast quality RGBA graphic files in the media pool. The one media player appears as input sources to your switcher. You can transition to graphics as full-frame video, or feed them to the keyers for overlaying video. Popular image formats such as PNG, TGA, BMP, GIF, JPEG, and TIFF are supported.
|4 x HDMI Type A
2 x 3.5 mm Stereo Analogue Audio
1 x RJ45 Ethernet
|1 x HDMI
1 x USB Type-C
|Video & Audio
|Video Input Formats
1080p: 60, 59.94, 50, 30, 29.97, 25, 24, 23.98
1080i: 60, 59.94, 50
720p: 60, 59.94, 50
HDMI Resolutions for Computers:
1080p: 60, 59.94, 50, 30, 29.97, 25, 24, 23.98
1080i: 60, 59.94, 50
720p: 60, 59.94, 50
|Video Output Formats
|1080p: 60, 59.94, 50, 30, 29.97, 25, 24, 23.98
|4 x HDMI
|1 x HDMI
|2 x 3.5 mm Stereo
|1 x USB Type-C
1 x RJ45, Gigbit Ethernet
|Colour Space Conversion
|Hardware-Based, Real Time
|2-Channel Input and Output
|1 x Player with Fill and Key
|Still Image Capacity
|Image Format Support
|PNG, TGA, BMP, GIF, JPEG, TIFF
|1 x Upstream
1 x Downstream
1 x Advanced Chroma
2 x Linear/Luma
1 x Transition (DVE Only)
|Up to 5
|1 x Pattern
2 x Colour
|1366 x 768 or Greater
|Operating System Support
|macOS 10.13, 10.14, or Later
|1 x Barrel- 5.5 x 2.5 mm
|41 to 104°F / 5 to 40°C
|14 to 140°F / -10 to 60°
|0 to 90% Non-Condensing
|9.4 x 4.1 x 1.4" / 23.8 x 10.4 x 3.6 cm
|19.4 oz / 550 g
In The Box
- Blackmagic Design ATEM Mini Pro HDMI Live Stream Switcher
- 12V Power Supply with International Adapters
- Control Panel Software
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
Reviews(based on 6 ratings)
Give it a quick rating:
Thanks for your rating!
Write a review
Great little switcher for steaming, connecting decent cameras to zoom or small-scale live video productions. I got this for a presentation that had to be done in front of a live crowd and be streamed. Plugged 2 cameras into it, a feed of the keynote presentation off a laptop and a feed of the zoom participants from another laptop. Ability to be able to independently control the HDMI out and the webcam out meant we could deliver content to the screens in the venue and cut cameras for the zoom audience - amazing to be able to do this at this price. Fact that the switcher handled the sound (via mic inputs and HDMI audio) was a real bonus. Rubber Monkey were total pros, made it available for pickup next day with no issues.Read more Read less
- Product: Blackmagic Design ATEM Mini Pro HDMI Live Stream Switcher
- Manufacturer: Blackmagic
- Model: ATEM Mini Pro
- SKU: SWATEMMINIBPR
- RM Product #: 72215