Sony Electronics Corporation, also widely known as Sony Electronics is a Japanese multinational corporation based in Kōnan, Minato, Tokyo.
Founded in 1946, post World War II by Masaru Ibuka and Akio Morita, the companies first product was a tape recorder, called the Type-G. The company was originally known as Tokyo Tsushin Kogyo (Tokyo Telecommunications Engineering Corporation).
Later the name was changed to "Sony", a mix of two words: one, the Latin word "sonus", which is the root of sonic and sound, the second "sonny", a common slang term used in 1950s America to call a young boy.
Sony products divisions include consumer and professional electronics, gaming, entertainment and financial services.
Historically the company has been notable in developing its own in-house standards for new recording and storage technologies. Professional technologies have included creation of groundbreaking digital camera technology such as the Cinealta series of cameras, first used on large screen feature film Starwars Episode II.
Sony Professional video cameras, Sony Pro Audio and Sony Photographic Camera and lenses are available in New Zealand and Australia from Rubber Monkey. visit our Sony Store for more information.
Sony NZ corporate offices are located at
100 Ponsonby Rd, Grey Lynn, Ponsonby 1011,
New Zealand .
Phone: +64 800 766 969
Sony Featured Products
- Super 35-Sized CMOS Sensor, E-Mount
- 4K/2K Raw Output with External Recorder
- Full HD up to 120 fps, 240 fps Burst
- Electronic Variable ND Filter
- Dual Media Card Slots
- 24MP Full-Frame Exmor R BSI CMOS Sensor
- BIONZ X Image Processor & Front-End LSI
- 693-Point Hybrid AF System
- UHD 4K30p Video with HLG & S-Log3 Gammas
- 2.36m-Dot Tru-Finder OLED EVF
- For Alpha a9, a7R III & a7 III Cameras
- Displays remaining charge
- Super 35-Sized CMOS Sensor
- Locking Sony E-Mount
- Integrated Electronic Variable ND Filter
- DCI 4K (4096 x 2160) up to 59.94p
- UHD up to 59.94 fps, HD up to 180 fps
- For select Sony and Hasselblad cameras
- Small and lightweight
- 12.2MP Full-Frame Exmor CMOS Sensor
- BIONZ X Image Processor
- Internal UHD 4K30 & 1080p120 Recording
- S-Log3 Gamma and Display Assist Function
- 5-Axis SteadyShot INSIDE Stabilisation
- 40mm Neodymium Drivers
- Closed Design
- Swivelling Earcups
- Single-Sided Cable
- Coiled Cable
- UTX-B03 Bodypack Transmitter
- URX-P03 Portable True Diversity Receiver
- ECM-V1BMP Electret Condenser Lavalier
- Digital Companding Circuitry
- Selectable Mic/Line Input