GoPro is the name synonymous with the original action camera company founded by Nick Woodman in 2002. During a surfing trip to Australia, Woodman hoped to capture quality action photos, but could not because amateur photographers could not get close enough to shoot the professional angles he desired and the cost of quality equipment was prohibitive. The 'GoPro' name was inspired by that desire to capture quality close up professional camera angles.
Initial capital was raised by Woodman by selling bead and shell belts from his VW van and, later, fashionable camera straps. Followed with a $230,000 investment from his parents.
The companies first camera system used 35 mm film. The GoPro 35mm HERO, introduced in 2004. A digital still and video camera was later introduced. The company introduced the first Digital HERO in 2006, with 10 second video capability, it sold units generating over $800,000 in revenue.
For more information on GoPro visit gopro.com
GoPro Featured Products
- Includes FCS compatible plug
- Ideal for attaching your GoPro to a surfboard
- For HERO3, HERO3+, and HERO4
- HyperSmooth 2.0.
- High-Fidelity Audio.
- 12MP + SuperPhoto With Improved HDR.
- Use Karma Stabiliser Handheld
- Compatible with Most GoPro Mounts
- On-the-Fly Camera Control
- Optional Extension Cable
- Powers Stabiliser and GoPro
- Tripod Mount for GoPro Housing
- Quick Release Base Tripod Mount
- Mini Tripod with Three-Prong Mount
- Compatible with All GoPro Camera Models
- Clamps to Objects with 10 - 23 mm Diameter
- Works with Most Shotguns & Rifles
- Works with Most Revolvers & Airsoft Guns
- Also Works with Paintball Guns & More
- Supports 4992 x 2496 360° Video.
- Photo Resolution up to 5760 x 2880.
- Wide 8.9mm Focal Length.
- HyperSmooth Digital Stabilization.
- Ideal for Surfing and Other Watersports
- Includes Adhesive Anchor and Tether
- Orange Colour Ensures High Visibility
- Shutter Button Remains Accessible
- Protective Cushion Surrounds Camera